General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2003 Monte Carlo SLP???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

It was purchased with zero miles on the car. I guess according to what my mother remembers, a guy bought the car and had it modified with said kit. When it was time to pick it up he did not like it so he backed out of the deal. I will be taking pictures very soon, hopefully have them up in a bit. Thanks again

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ar3em11
Im mainly trying to find the chip but im lost.
SLP never made a "chip" for the Monte.
The 3800's could be ordered with a Hypertech hand held programmer if you opted into the performance package for it, which would be the closest thing to a "chip" that was available.
The performance package for the 3400's is a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust.
Otherwise the SLP packages were mainly just appearance packages with a few other performance options available, and everything would have been shipped to and installed by the dealership that you ordered the car from.

An article about the 2003 SLP packages: (couldn't find a scan of the original brochure).
On the Chevy side, while there's still no supercharger under the hood of the Monte Carlo coupe even though it shares the same 3.8-liter V-6 — apparently because that would be stepping too heavily on Pontiac's toes and turf as GM's "performance" division — the '03 Monte does get some much-needed attention. SLP has two versions: either an LSX (with or without Stage 1 performance upgrade that adds cold-air induction, cat back exhaust and a solid 200 hp) or the big kahuna, an impressive-looking (and sounding!) SS version with 225 hp that can hang with a factory-built (non-SLP) supercharged Grand Prix or Regal. Output is further enhanced via higher (1.8 ratio) roller-tipped rocker arms for the pushrod 3.8 liter V-6 engine, plus a Hypertech Power Programmer and 160-degree thermostat. Buyers can specify 16-inch rims (shod with meaty Bridgestone or BF-Goodrich tires), lowered springs for that hulking Winston Cup stocker look, as well as carbon fiber or burled wood dash inserts and trim, and the high-capacity Hawk brake pads are also available on either the SS and LSX. These special Montes are finished off with "SS" or "LSX" badging and trim and even come with unique key fobs for you to inconspicuously dangle at bars.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It likely has no chip, but I can believe the dealer said there was. I still hear people refer to having chips in there cars all the time. I think its a laymans term for people not fluent in car-speak. When the PCM is tuned they say its "chipped" so nothing more need be described.
But I love it when people tell me their car has a chip. Then I know what I'm up against.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
It likely has no chip, but I can believe the dealer said there was. I still hear people refer to having chips in there cars all the time. I think its a laymans term for people not fluent in car-speak. When the PCM is tuned they say its "chipped" so nothing more need be described.
But I love it when people tell me their car has a chip. Then I know what I'm up against.

X2!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

If i didnt know for a fact that something is in this car that changes the computer and gives it life, then i wouldn't believe it myself. That is why I am trying to figure this out. Something has been done to the computer in this thing. Im very determined!

Attached Thumbnails 2003 Monte Carlo SLP???-img_1216%5B1%5D.jpg   2003 Monte Carlo SLP???-img_1223%5B1%5D.jpg   2003 Monte Carlo SLP???-img_1230%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very cool Monte you have there!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

hmm thats weird, it doesnt have fog lights, the body kit does look good tho, can you get an engine shot and maybe a pic where the obdII plug is down by your feet in the drivers side, thats where a "chip" probably would be if there was one

Last edited by red04montels; 01-06-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

That Body kit is a Razzi kit...same one I have, I am pretty certain no SLP car came with that kit on from the factory...perhaps as suggessted custom done at the dealership....To be certain why not just e-mail slp directly with questions?

Joe

Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM

Actually its an LS, i can tell by the blue rear badge.
Also, I didn't see fog lights, unless my eyes are not seeing well. (maybe the glasses effect:P)
I do see a Razzi body kit, and an identical Intimidator III spoiler, i can't make out the badges though, can't read what they say.
Regardless, even if it is, that's one cool LS, not many of those alike.
Looks better than most SS's lol

Interior, and engine pics.... please.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Actually its an LS, i can tell by the blue rear badge.
Also, I didn't see fog lights, unless my eyes are not seeing well. (maybe the glasses effect:P)
I do see a Razzi body kit, and an identical Intimidator III spoiler, i can't make out the badges though, can't read what they say.
Regardless, even if it is, that's one cool LS, not many of those alike.
Looks better than most SS's lol

Interior, and engine pics.... please.
yeah i thought it was an ls as soon as he said it had a 3400.

the badge on the right looks to say stage 1? hmm..

interesting car for sure

x2 on more pics

Quick Reply: 2003 Monte Carlo SLP???