General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2003 Monte Carlo SLP???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2003 Monte Carlo SLP???

Ok I am stuck here and I have no idea where to turn for answers. I have been scouring the internet for days looking for information about my fathers car. My father purchased a 2003 monte carlo ls from the show room floor. There were modifications done to the car at the dealer. What i remember him saying previously was that there is a CAI, Dual exhaust, body kit...all from SLP performance....There are SLP badges all over the car that say SLP Performance PAC. There is a chip in the car also. Problem i am having is the car has sat for 2 years now because my father has gotten sick. He does not have a clue where the paperwork for the car is and he does not remember anything about the car(old age). he does not remember where the chip in the car is. Now the dealer that installed everything is closed for a few years also. Is there anyone out there that has any info about this SLP PAC or knnow of somewhere that i could go to find out the info needed. Im mainly trying to find the chip but im lost. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Loveee the SLP monte carlo but I'm not super familiar with them, yet. There are other members on here who know a lot about them. I did a quick search for the article I read a while ago & here it is not sure if the answer to your question is in there though

Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the response. I have seen that article, but that is the 3800 series. My car(father gave it to me few weeks ago), is the 3400. Everything i find is for the 3800. Im trying to hunt down his mechanic but I am coming up empty. He is the only other person i know that has a clue about this specific car. Its a gorgeous car and it is fast. It only has 23k miles on it. I cant wait for spring to roll around so i can take it out(grr snow). A few years back the chip was removed because of gas reasons and i did drive it with out and the car was a dog. Then the chip was put back in and it shurley gets outta its own way. Plus with the chip it gets 16 mpg with out 25 mpg. So i know something is there. Just dont know where lol

Old 01-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ar3em11
Thanks for the response. I have seen that article, but that is the 3800 series. My car(father gave it to me few weeks ago), is the 3400. Everything i find is for the 3800. Im trying to hunt down his mechanic but I am coming up empty. He is the only other person i know that has a clue about this specific car. Its a gorgeous car and it is fast. It only has 23k miles on it. I cant wait for spring to roll around so i can take it out(grr snow). A few years back the chip was removed because of gas reasons and i did drive it with out and the car was a dog. Then the chip was put back in and it shurley gets outta its own way. Plus with the chip it gets 16 mpg with out 25 mpg. So i know something is there. Just dont know where lol
A chip on montes doesnt sound right, a lot of them are knock offs, only thing that really helps them is a tuned pcm.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM

That is what i have been finding, but would a dealership do this?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 PM

Holy **** you may have one of the rarest SLP Montes.
There is only 1 member here who has one. It's a Silver I believe, if i remember correctly he said there were only 3??
Which engine I don't remember.
Unless of course someone just added the badges, which in some cases could be true.
(But doesn't add up to me, seeing as it was bought from the showroom floor)
Pics please?!
Chips are crap, unless SLP did something like that, to be honest i don't know anything about performance ships, as Trewyn said a tuned pcm would do the trick.
It should have the Intimidator III spoiler also i think.
pics please

Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM

i believe yes it does have that spoiler. It also has this body kit too... http://www.bodykits.com/Razzi/Body-K..._100_J/585355/

Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 PM

I will do my best to get some pictures up tomorrow if it will help my search out. thats if i can figure out how to post them. Sorry for my ignorance about the car and the site.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 AM

The Intimidator spoiler was not the SLP spoiler. They were however identical. And yes SLP didn't have a chip. But I am interested in seeing the pics as well.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Holy **** you may have one of the rarest SLP Montes.
There is only 1 member here who has one. It's a Silver I believe, if i remember correctly he said there were only 3??
Which engine I don't remember.
Unless of course someone just added the badges, which in some cases could be true.
(But doesn't add up to me, seeing as it was bought from the showroom floor)
Pics please?!
Chips are crap, unless SLP did something like that, to be honest i don't know anything about performance ships, as Trewyn said a tuned pcm would do the trick.
It should have the Intimidator III spoiler also i think.
pics please
If it's the same one that Brittany linked to, that's the Rytek Projektz Monte Carlo owned by member MAC7504. Here's his photo gallery: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/members/mac7504-3078-albums-garage-rytek-monte-carla-809/

But like the original poster said, it's the 3800 engine.

Very rarely would a dealership modify a new car with aftermarket parts. Unless a person bought it and requested it as part of the purchase agreement. Did he buy it brand new from the show room floor? Because a lot of times, if a dealership gets a used car with modifications done to it, they'll put it on the show room floor to thwart thieves.
I'm not calling anyone a liar. I'll take your word for it. It sounds like you may have a very rare SLP project car. The chip thing is throwing me off though. I know the 3800 engine doesn't use performance chips per se. They usually need the PCM to be re-tuned. I'm not sure about the 3400 engine though. I had one in my 99 grand am gt, but can't remember if they used chips or not. It's possible the 3400 Montes use chips. Anyone here with a 3400 Monte, if you could set me straight on this, I would appreciate it.

It's not unheard of, for parts and performance companies (like SLP) to make an agreement with dealerships to modify/customize a brand new car. The dealership offers it for sale with the added options, playing up the rarity of it. Potentially making them more money. And the performance company gets publicity out of it.

Quick Reply: 2003 Monte Carlo SLP???