General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: 2003 Monte Carlo push button w resistor to bcm

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 06:41 AM
Default 2003 Monte Carlo push button w resistor to bcm

Hello all. Please if you have a minute I have a 2003 Monte Carlo w no existing ignition just the wires. I have an express gm self learning passlock override unit and I have my resistors but I'm beating my head on the wall
No I can not afford a new ignition yes it's my car . Can anyone show me a color diagram of wtf to hook up where for my push button start . I am toggling all wires that need power once I find a wiring diagram for that.. please and thank you

Old 07-10-2021, 03:59 PM

Hey, just found your thread, if you're still looking. . . . The push button is the easy part, you need a push button switch with wires long enough to reach the starter with alligator clips. One goes on the battery lug, the other goes on the solenoid, which GM used a purple wire on for at least 50 years. That will turn over the engine. Next you need power. With a test light, find a wire going to the what I assume is a missing ignition switch that is hot - most likely red or orange. Then you need to find which wire goes to the coil packs and join them. You will probably need to get power to the fuel pump as well, as they are electric with fuel injection. It may be on the accessory circuit. You will be bypassing the neutral safety switch, so make sure it is in park so you don't get surprised if it starts and takes off!! (I actually had that happen) This is much easier with an old carbureted car with a coil, just a wire from the battery to the coil with a switch. . . . . Good luck, if you haven't already got it going.