General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2001 Monte Carlo SS Projector Headlight HID Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM

That is pure badass. I kinda looks like dr evil.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone, it was quite a bit of work. The eyelids are a personal preference for sure, but since they are painted on there it was basically a one way street. A lot of people have said it makes it look mean and gets rid of the huge bulging lenses. And there are plenty that think it's too much, they are usually the ones that think the whole car is overdone actually and they would just prefer the stock look. Making the constant changes to the car is the only thing that makes me keep the car. I've had it since 2004 and it's been paid for since 2006 so it's become a hobby car since I don't have it as a daily driver. I enjoy going for a cruise with the girlfriend and see all the odd looks we get as we drive around.

And sorry to disappoint but nope I don't have a mowhawk, actually my head was rather close to being fully shaved in the pics.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Very awesome! What type of projectors do you have for your foglights?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 AM

The fog lights are the "Blazer fogs" they are the same manufacturer as our current reflector based fogs. I got them from TRS which is also where I got my projectors and lamps for the headlight retrofit. Lots of info on this stuff at the hidplanet.com forums if you want to see other retros that people have done on other cars.

Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
The fog lights are the "Blazer fogs" they are the same manufacturer as our current reflector based fogs. I got them from TRS which is also where I got my projectors and lamps for the headlight retrofit. Lots of info on this stuff at the hidplanet.com forums if you want to see other retros that people have done on other cars.

Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

Do you have any output pictures of the Blazers in action on your car and how did you mount them? They look nice.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:53 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Lookin good, finally someone gets them done, and no teaser thread?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
Do you have any output pictures of the Blazers in action on your car and how did you mount them? They look nice.
Thanks, I never did get around to taking pics of their output. I mounted them using the original mounting bracket that the old fogs used. The bracket did need modifications.

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Lookin good, finally someone gets them done, and no teaser thread?
Thanks, I thought about making one but I figured if they never turned out proper nobody would have ever known.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM

sorry to resurrect a post from 3 years ago, but i love that hood of yours with the scoop, Do you remember what its called? I have a 2004 Monte and I think that hood looks badass

Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by tom272
sorry to resurrect a post from 3 years ago, but i love that hood of yours with the scoop, Do you remember what its called? I have a 2004 Monte and I think that hood looks badass
It's a custom fiberglass hood based on the 2002 camaro SS. Mpd inc made it, I think they are based in Ohio not sure if they are still making this hood or not. It is optionally functional too.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:03 AM

thank you !!

Quick Reply: 2001 Monte Carlo SS Projector Headlight HID Retrofit