General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1998-1999-2000 Brickyard 400 Monte Pace Cars (photo mash)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 1998-1999-2000 Brickyard 400 Monte Pace Cars (photo mash)

A recent image search also led me to a nice resource for Pace Car fans: NASCAR Brickyard 400 Pace Cars - Indy Speedway

That page looks old, but it's still updated, all the way up to last month's Brickyard race. It has various pics and info about the pace cars, some pace car drivers, and even a few of the "parade" or "festival" cars. All Chevys, of course!

Scrolling down, I found a nice section of the page that showed the 6th-gen and 5th-gen Monte Carlos together. I liked it so much I took a screen-shot, and later made a few minor modifications to it. Here's my version:

I guess, in those pictures that have all the Monte Pace Cars parked together, they're on the grounds of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum (which would make sense).
A fairly colorful mixture, wouldn't you say? Would've loved to be there for that event, whenever it was.

Another interesting thing about these pictures are the ones with the red 2000 and white/green 1999 both coming around the turn. You can really see the styling differences between the 6th-gen and 5th-gen Montes right there; it's practically the exact same angle. The 6th-gen looks a little bigger and a little wider, especially in front. But one thing in common is they all got huge Chevy bowties on their hoods.

Well, I wish we could get bigger, higher-res versions to look at for all of these, but this isn't so bad.

Attached Thumbnails 1998-1999-2000 Brickyard 400 Monte Pace Cars (photo mash)-3_b400_pacemcs_m.png  
Old 08-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nicely done, you really helped tie the 2 different models together quite well. Don't know that I have seen them compared like your presentation does. Now I see the many similarities and how the 6th Gen. was morphed from the 5th's. I agree, it would have been an event to have attended, seeing all the Montes like that together.

Well done, thanks for the efforts...