General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Opinion Needed: 6th Gen. Brake Caliper color..

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 6th Gen. Brake Caliper color..

I gotta silver 6th gen HS.. What color do you recommend I paint them?? I have some black accent around the car.. Front bottom grille, lugnuts, headlight housing, the weather strips (actually its the GP rails) on the roof but those are getting painted silver, the same as the car..

I was thinking black but nah, then I thought polished chrome color cause maybe it would go with the black accent but nah.. Really dont think I want blue.. I could always change my mind if I saw someone else's and it looked good but..

Right now I have the stock 17" 5 spoke chrome wheels but will soon be changed to 18" MB drifters.. I want it to go with both as the stock will be used for track wheels..

Im thinking red or neon(ish) orange..

Idk whats everyone think..?

Old 07-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Red is always a good choice

Red is always a good choice, and you might be able to find some Caliper covers that you could put on for those Car show events.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Red is always a good choice, and you might be able to find some Caliper covers that you could put on for those Car show events.
I never even knew these existed.. At least I dont remember but WOW are they on the expensive side..

For a set of 4, is there anything under 100$?? Dont know if I even saw under 200$..

Kinda embarrassed to ask this but, you can drive with these attached correct??

Old 08-06-2017, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I never even knew these existed.. At least I dont remember but WOW are they on the expensive side..

For a set of 4, is there anything under 100$?? Dont know if I even saw under 200$..

Kinda embarrassed to ask this but, you can drive with these attached correct??
Sooooooo not worth it to purchase the $200 covers. Paint the calipers yourself the color of choice or buy new powder coated calipers.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The colors that always catch my attention is 1st, red. Then second is Yellow.

Take some colored construction paper, cut it down and scotch tape it over your calipers and then stand back and assess the different effects the colors give you.

Best of luck...