General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

1986 Monte CL original survivor. What is My car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Yep that style door makes it easier to find; even at that the bumper is unique as well as the hood; a side view would make it much more difficult - I might have had to consult my 'analog' coffee table car book. Cool car for sure and again I won't pretend I knew it at all before I googled it.

Yeah I loved those as well. Never had a Riviera though. Lots of Grand Prix and Impalas. Had a Bonneville ssei and a grand am among others - good v6 vehicles. Only had 2 v8s ever in my life - 1982 Malibu and 1980 Sierra Grande both came with the 350 diesel but I swapped out the diesel for 454 a long time ago. People would give me looks because I left the diesel decal on the side. My family did have a 67 Camaro but my sister wrecked it 'going to work' in the wrong direction (seeing a boyfriend) and they sold it off.

I always love older cars - especially now that all the car mfgers are making their lines look the same and car mfg to car mfg really are starting to blur. I rented a 2016? Malibu and it has a lot of styling from the new Impala. Hard to tell at a quick glance much of new car line ups.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:35 AM

I totally agree on the looks thing.

I feel SOOO much better now....after posting that pic I HAD to do something...

HaHa 3 minutes this morning with a light pressure rinse and viola...
[IMG][/IMG]

I think you might have struggled a little more if that was the pic to go by LOL...

Damn what a great day here, middle of February and this weather? very cathartic to be able to play with some cars.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 AM

Yeah I would have. I have some of those coffee table books that show various angles and profiles of the cars and I'd have to dig that out to get a good look at it. Here I can barely see that unique front bumper. Looks much better clean!