General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

07 Monte

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Default billfromtr

Learn to love it,of course.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Default RE: billfromtr

Good Choice! Best of luck to you and yours!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Default RE: cain45

Yes it is a 3.8 engine made by GM BUT it's also SUPERCHARGED which makes a huge difference in power & torque. It's just common sense, to me, that a smaller motor without a supercharger is going to be much slower.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: cain45

And in a larger bodied car is going to feel like a slug. No way around it unless you bolt on a supercharger (also known as a blower).

Life is not about a car.

It's not? I'm in trouble.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Default RE: 07 Monte

I didn't like the fact that he called the car a sled ...

Old 12-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

.... and we keep on with the bashing i see

Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Poor Doug got off on the wrong foot.

I think you will be okay here.

Let's hear more about your disappointment with your car.

Come on people, flamethrowers off please.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 AM

hmm yah i mean i know he doesnt seem to like the car but common guys (and gals) give it a rest huh

Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Well, perhaps I was wrong about Doug (hope you stay, buddy), but I will not apologize for my remarks. As a refresher, let us review Doug's initial post:

"I just bought an 07 Monte Carlo LS 3.5.I cannot believe it is such a sled.This car has no torque and the HP is way to little to push this big coupe around.Whats wrong with the 3.5 engine? I traded an 05 Honda EXL V6 Coupe for this car to drop my car payments.My Accord runs circles around this car."

Now Doug, let me ask you aquestion. Considering that this is a discussion board for Monte Carlo fans,what sort of responsedid youexpect? Did you think your post would endear you to the readership here? Ifyou werelooking for people to agree with you,perhaps a website for Accordowners would have been more appropriate. Hey...call me crazy.

What you should havedone in your initial post, Doug,was mention everything you like about your Monte...thethings that caused you to buy it in the first place. Was a "lower payment" the only reason? For your sake, I certainly hope not.

Although I traded mine 30-months ago, I am still a moderator at a discussion board for another make/model of car. We are a "no *****"zone as well, but let me tell you something, my friend - if youhad introduced yourself in a similar manner there, those people would have crucified you, and I'm not kidding.Believe me when I tell you that there's plenty of complaining going on there relating to this particular car, but this is only "accepted" from people who otherwise loveit.Obviously, MCF isa much more forgiving place.

Look. There aresome things I don't like (and a few things I hate) about my SS; however,this was not the subject matterof my introductory post here. I became a welcomedmember of the MCF family before I startedtalking aboutthese issues. FYI, I have suggested in previous posts that some GM engineers and execs must certainly be smoking crack, and I still stand by that statement. Nevertheless, I've given my Monte a name, and I go down in the garage from time- to-timefor no reason other than to visit, and just look at it.

I hope this helps you (and others) to understand why some of us responded the way we did.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Nicely put gale. I know exactly what you mean about just going and staring/admirring our Monte. Hey this has made me think of something....does anyone know the 1/4 times for the 07 3.5 vs. 00-05 3.8 (non s/c). Because I know the power in the 3.5 is moderate (210 right?)but on a bulky body. Still I would think the times would be close, and I think my 3.8 is far from slow.