Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   06 SS pacecar (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/06-ss-pacecar-5516/)

GrandPaDave 08-27-2007 11:28 AM

RE: 06 SS pacecar

FWIW, I'd buy it and drive it "as-shown." What the heck its a Monte and I thought we Monte people stuck together????

Revitupfaster 08-27-2007 11:52 AM

Didn't say I wouldn't drive it, as you say GPD, we Monte guys stick together. If one of our members owned it and posted pics, I'm sure we would all comment favourably, with "nice ride" & "good lookin' Monte you have there etc. I sure wouldn't mention how obnoxious the red interior accents are. Especially the dash panel overlays, but again I'm sure someone would think they are just great.

Hey, I think the exterior looks good, sure would be an attention getter.

cain45 08-27-2007 12:33 PM

I guess that's where my honesty comes in because I wouldn't comment with "nice ride" etc. It's HIDEOUSLY overdone. Throw a bunch of badges, 22 inch wheels, a fake hoodscoop, and blood red interior into an otherwise nice car and the "pace car" is what you get. I just think a better job could have been done if a little restraint had been exercised.

BeachBumMike 08-27-2007 01:48 PM

[align=center]Hi `James -Cain45-[/align][align=center]You do add a lot of flavor to our forum `James :D[/align][align=center]You do have strong opinions, & I'm sure they are honest.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Honestly, if you could trade your LTZ even for this SS[/align][align=center]would you ? Honestly.[/align][align=center](No cost to you at all - even trade : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"TheTruth `James, nothing but the Truth,[/align][align=center]so help you Monte Carlo" :D[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Would You ?[/align][align=center]Come on....be Honest : )[/align][align=center]We will all be wait'in for your Honest Reply.[/align][align=center]Thanks `James[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tell us why you would, or wouldnot: )[/align]

cain45 08-27-2007 02:00 PM

NO!!! Not even a remote possibility. I think they are horrible. They are just too 'overdone' or something. Now a regular SS, yes there is a possibility.

wiz kidd 08-27-2007 02:45 PM

dont forget guyz, everybody's car isn't going to appeal to everyone....personally i love every aspect of that car, i dont think its hideiously over done...i think the car is amazing and that a lot of work went into making that car the way it is...

just gorgious!

GrandPaDave 08-27-2007 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

dont forget guyz, everybody's car isn't going to appeal to everyone....personally i love every aspect of that car, i dont think its hideiously over done...i think the car is amazing and that a lot of work went into making that car the way it is...

just gorgious!
....And may I add, would everyone and anyone love to get all over that acceleerator pedal?

BeachBumMike 08-27-2007 02:49 PM

OK Mod `Wiz, I fully agree with your post,
but would you trade your 2005Special Edition Tony Stewart
Monte Carlo SS evenfor the 06 Pace Car ?
(no cost 2 U: )
We can't wait for your answer : )
Oh, WoW....I can hear your brain : )

BeachBumMike 08-27-2007 02:52 PM

MCF MEMBER
[align=center]Howdy Members[/align][align=center][:-][/align][/align][align=center]http://www.apf3000.wendago.com/Alien...NeckAlien1.jpg[/align][align=center]I'll trade my Monte Carlo for `it in a Heart-Beat : )[/align][align=center]U bet`ya I would : )[/align]

Revitupfaster 08-27-2007 03:20 PM

I imagine it would be fairly simple to restore the thing back to near stock. Space, you didn't say whoever traded for it had to keep it that way did you. As GPD said, the accellerator pedal in the thing would certainly be a big part of the decision.