Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   06 SS pacecar (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/06-ss-pacecar-5516/)

04 Intimidator 08-28-2007 07:36 PM

RE: 06 SS pacecar

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

nothing beats a v8 in my opinion, yah the 3.8 supercharged can probably be faster than the v8, but its not a v8, there's just something about owning a v8 :)
I don't get the swing for it anymore. The traditional V8's though usually last longer if the driver shows the same respect to them as a 4 banger.

I just think it would be nicer once you added a turbo to it. Good luck shoe horning it in there though.

rj 08-30-2007 04:28 PM

I wouldn't mind finding an add-on turbo unit for my V6 but as far as I know, no one produces one yet?

We did see an add-on turbo at the Montes@MIS even back in april. It was pretty cool.

Like everyone else I have to agree you just can't beat the sound of a decent V8 under the hood. You should hear my friend's '55 Wagon. :)

GrandPaDave 08-30-2007 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

I wouldn't mind finding an add-on turbo unit for my V6 but as far as I know, no one produces one yet?

We did see an add-on turbo at the Montes@MIS even back in april. It was pretty cool.

Like everyone else I have to agree you just can't beat the sound of a decent V8 under the hood. You should hear my friend's '55 Wagon. :)

I would think a car would need to get better valves, cams, pistons, bearings, etc. to take the extra hot revs a turbo would cause.

04 Intimidator 08-30-2007 11:44 PM

I would think a car would need to get better valves, cams, pistons, bearings, etc. to take the extra hot revs a turbo would cause.
Turbo's at low boost don't have much hot air and short of the valves would only be the thing you would worry about. They have good turbos out for the 3800 and you don't need to make any major mods like that.

GrandPaDave 08-31-2007 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info.

FlynhghR 09-02-2007 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth

It's great that there are no `Jerks on the MCF

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Gee, you can't? I thought for sure you were talking about someone here.....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]20 guesses as to who...[/align]