General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06 Remote/tire pressure info

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Default 06 Remote/tire pressure info

Just got off the phone with my dealer. They told me at the end of January they GM took the Monte Carlo off the TSB for the remote/tire pressure issues. When I talked to him today GM has not yet put the Monte back on. Told him that I think that it was unfair to the Monte owners that GM knows that there is a problem with the remotes. Just because they sold 200,000 Impala's vs 20,000 or so Montes that we still have rights and even put stock into GM and that the problem should be fixed.

To make a long story short

He told me that he would call the tech line and get back in touch with me (like I would think he would really do this).

Well he called me back (surprised me).

Here is the new fix. They have come out with a new antenna (again for the Impala's). Tech line said it will work on the Monte's (like we did not know that). The new antenna will run up the "A" plier on the drivers side down to the module unit. They are replacing both key fobs and installing the new software. Was told that the parts department should be calling me in 3 to 4 days to let me know the parts are in. Was told by the service manager to call him after parts department calls me to set up a service date and he will put me on top of the list.......

As stated that GM has removed the Monte from the TSB but if you yell enough the will repair it...... GO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT

Old 03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Default RE: 06 Remote/tire pressure info

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your post & information. It's sad that we have to fight with service department
personnel to get GM mistakes corrected.[:@]
I'm still waiting for my Service Advisor to call me, when they get the information for repairs.
It pays to
[sm=rant.gif]
[sm=proof.gif]but here's the TSB
Service Manager...Do U think I care[sm=laughat.gif]WTF
Space-[sm=icon_beat.gif]-Service Manager : )
Michael, keep the forum posted on your results.
Thanks Again,
`Space

Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM

What does this have to do with "tire pressure"? I keep getting a "service tire pressure monitor system" message, and I also have the remote problem. Are they related?

Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

"...remote/tire pressure...."

Just curious, related or separate issues?

Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 AM

They are related....
They are control by the same module
When mine goes in they are also replacing the mdule unit under the dash.

Here is some info

This is the problem that most of us are having. Their is a TSB out.... BUT GM HAS REMOVED THE MONTE CARLO FROM THIS AS OF JANUARY 16, 2007 (ACCORDING TO THE DEALER). They have already grounded my antenna which has helped with the tire pressure moniter for coming up with false reading. It did increase the distance on the remote a little but has not solved the problem with the remote software from going to sleep.

What needs to be done is following:

The new antenna andboth remotes need to be replaced. the Technical SeviceBullentin (TSB) for all the Romote Keyless Entry (RKE) and Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) concerns will be available in January 2007. DO NO ATTEMPT ANY FURTHER REPAIRS FOR ANY RKE OR TPM concerns on t he 2006-2007 Impala or Monte Carlo until the TSB is released

Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM

My dealer just called......

The new antenna and remotes are in...... Got an appointment for Tues. morning.....

Will let everyone know how the IMPALA fix went....

Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

[sm=signs003.gif]Here is hoping your problems will soon be gone![sm=signs003.gif]

Old 03-23-2007, 01:47 AM

mmwrench good luck....it would be nice to see you post w/o a problem in the future. I'm really sorry to hear about all your bad luck. Makes owning a new car not so much fun.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:35 AM

Thanks Cain

I dont feel to bad. So far the only problem with the LTZ has been with the remotes. So I cant complain.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Well
Just got the car back from the dealer this afternoon.
They replaced the antenna and the remotes and reprogramed everything

I will check the distances out tonight at work.

I dont know how many of you when you first got your Monte's had 2 remotes with the auto start on them.
I know I did. I got home this afternoon only to find that only 1 remote has the auto start on it. Went back to the dealership
and they told me when ever the updates are getting done this is the way it is. Only 1 remote will start the car. The other remote is a
normal remote.....

Quick Reply: 06 Remote/tire pressure info