General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06 Monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Default 06 Monte SS

Yesterday i was able to drive the new monte carlo ss with the small block v8. The new "race designed" interior is pretty nice. the dashboard is the same but the accesories have changed.
Anyways onto the driving.first and drive have no problem leaving a 15 ft trail of smoke and rubber. from a role of twenty slamming the gas you can get a little spinning but it pretty much grabs and goes. however if you are doing this either have two hands on the steering wheel or be ready for tremendous amounts of toque steer. This first time i took of from a role of twenty it went hard left and then back to a hard right. after getting out of the torque steer it shot up to 60mph pretty fast.
the sound: at idle it has a silent rumble and taking off it is not loud at all but removing the resignator and a new high flow muffler i think will do wonders to the sound of that car.
over all its got a v8 so we know it will have some power right of factory but i think this car with a couple bolt ons could do some serious rubber burning. my favorite part about the new monte ss is that not a lot of people know about the engine upgrades so it is like a "sleeper" on the street.
anyone else drive it,what did you think?