Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   '06 Monte Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/06-monte-exhaust-3847/)

FlynhghR 03-25-2007 03:13 AM

RE: '06 Monte Exhaust

They look great! I knew chrome would really pop on this car. Now, did you have the dealer do the install or do it yourself? Because looking at the tips, you can't tell where the stock ends stop. On my 3LT, the stock tips end probably an inch after the bumper, which is why I'm being so indecisive. Long tips are going to stick out too far. I wouldn't want the stock ends to be visible unless you crouch down and really look, and would prefer not to have to cut anything... Maybe I'm just too damn picky... lol.

rj 03-25-2007 06:39 PM

The instructions say to:
Measure back from the end of the pipes 3.5 inches then draw a line. Now measure back 6.5 inches, draw another line.
Cut thepipes at the first (3.5 inch) line.
Then you install the tips at the 6.5 inch line.

I did. And I thought the tips disappeared too much.

So I installed them about 5.5 inches back from where the ends of the pipes where.

These tips have a rolled edge to them so what you may think is the tail pipe you see is actually the rolled edge of the exhaust tip.

I can't swear they're are, but the exhaust tips on my parents '07 Mopar 300C look very similar to the GM tips.

GrandPaDave 03-26-2007 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: cain45

hey solara slayer....I have a question. Has your LTZ been wrecked in the rear? Your monte carlo ltz badge is set way higher than mine and stock ones. I was just curious.
My trunk has been repainted and the badges were mislocated, but my body shop guy said that no damage or repairs were made to the trunk.

There was supposed to be a TSB about some kind of paint damage occuring to cars evidenced by yellow dots or something.

I found of a couple of strange yellow dots on my trunk stil exposed from under the repaint.

It looks like the badges were relocated to cover these strange yellow specs.
[/align][align=center]Grandpa Dave, I had the same thing on my Monte[/align][align=center]It's called Rail Dust...It's from metal partials that come from the tracks[/align][align=center]and fall onto the paint.[/align][align=center]My dealer clayed and detailed mine.[/align][align=center]Ask your dealer about it...There was a TSB out, but I can't seem to find it.[/align][align=center]I also made a past post about it, but it also seems to have dis-appeared from MCF.[/align][align=center]I will keep searching.[/align][align=center]Please update the forum when your LTZ is returned and give us a report : )[/align]
Space, they buffed off all the rail dust and put new badges on the trunk in the correct location. I will post pics soon.

GrandPaDave 03-26-2007 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45

I'm glad to hear that they fixed it for you solaraslayer. I was just curious, I didn't mean to appear to look down on your LTZ. The brown or bronze was the color I initially wanted when I bought my LTZ.
No sweat cain, no offense taken. In fact, here is the new pic of my recently repaired trunk deck lid:

https://montecarloforum.com/upfiles/...65E5A375F5.jpg

cain45 03-27-2007 01:24 AM

Nice GPD, very nice. That's still my fave color on a monte. And those tips are hot too RJ, just like mine. They really set the monte off in my opinion. And yes you do have to cut off some of the exhaust to make the tips fit properly or they would stick out past the rear fascia. Dealer did an awesome job on mine.

FlynhghR 03-27-2007 02:15 AM

Ok, I was going to say! lol! What didyou use to cut off the old stuff? I don't have access to anything really handy for cutting metal. I have a dremel, a table saw, or a circular saw, but nothing other than the dremel that could get up under my car. And I've cut metal with the dremel before and the results are usually disasterous without significant post-cut grinding or something on those lines.... [>:]

GPD: Congrats on the repairs. Looks great! Serves the dealer right if they're the ones that put them in the wrong spot. Did they also replace the gaskets/rubber backing that you were missing originally?
I have some rust spots by the dsrear wheel wheel that I'm looking to get removed, I'll have to see who'll get me a decent loaner and not muck up the claybar.

Laserblue06ss 03-27-2007 10:02 AM

They sell exhaust pipe cutters that work really well.There are some with a chain that has cutting wheels in it,and others that have jaw type arms with cutting wheels on them.You slip the tool over the pipe,tighten it and turn it a few times,then tighten it more and turn,until it cuts through.They do a nice clean job and can fit in some pretty tight areas.most auto parts stores should carry them.

rcohen 03-27-2007 01:50 PM

the slash tips are sooo money. Since my monte doesnt have a body kit in the back, its hard for the slash tips to look good unless they are like (4 inches in diameter which i cant find) because you end up seeing too much muffler. I have slanted tips with rolled egdes and they dont feel like muscle, but do look nice

rj 03-27-2007 03:38 PM

The cars I'd seen with the accessory tips on looked so good. It persuaded me want them.

GPD,
Nice work on the Monte. Glad to see they did a good job for you.

cain45 03-29-2007 04:50 AM

GPD was the pinstripe already on your car when you bought it or did you have it installed? Thought about having it done on my LTZ.