General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06-07'ers, Let's Play Whose Replaced Your Tranny!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Default 06-07'ers, Let's Play Whose Replaced Your Tranny!

Hello everyone! I'm pretty sure I used to hang out here a bit years ago, but I had to create a new account since I couldn't remember my old one. I have a 06 Monte Carlo SS and the only owner. Bought it when I was uh... 19? Anyway, 9 years later and I have to rebuild the tranny It's got about 130K miles on it and from what I've read online, it's lasted longer than others. Just curious if anyone else on here has had to do this and how well it ran after. I'm sick of it not driving right! Uhg. Hate it when some teenage punk in a ricer pulls up along side and thinks he can beat me, then I let him cause I have to baby the tranny.

No but seriously, the car is well treated Here is a picture. Black, Black, Black.

Attached Thumbnails 06-07'ers, Let's Play Whose Replaced Your Tranny!-dsc_0164.jpg  
Old 03-25-2016, 07:56 PM
Thumbs up >Welcome home<

Hi `Jess,
Welcome back home on the MCF Sorry, I can't help you on your trans `prob, but I'm sure when our member's see your new thread that had this problem they will respond. Sadly it seems that the Monte transmissions weren't built to handle all the power from the 5.3L Good Luck on your rebuilt

Old 07-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Jess, I'm a new member and a fairly new Monte Carlo owner. I lucked up last year, (Feb.2016), on an 07 Monte L S with only 23,500 original miles on it. Just looking,at and checking the car out you could tell it had excellent care.I have also taken excellent care of it since I've had it. This year in June with 54,000 miles the tranny went out,(locked up, front wheels would not roll) The shop said the diff. locked up. I had a Jasper reman installed and the car seems a lot stronger.I had a 98 chevy truck that the tranny was rebuilt twice because of a defective clutch hub. Put in a Jasper reman and no more problems. (10 years) I've had two trusted shops tell me that when Jasper rebuilds the tranny they put in all the updates and strengthen any weaknesses in the parts, plus they come with a three year 100,000 warranty. I've got the 3.5 v6 and it runs a v8 now. I hope this helps. 07mckenny

Old 07-04-2017, 05:23 PM

I know this is an old thread, but when replacing these transmissions, id strongly consider sending it to a place that specializes in performance 4t65 trans. That way you can have it built to handle the stock power level and can do any upgrades doe future mods as well.

Triple Edge Performance is known for doing 4t65 builds as well as other places.