General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

06/07 Tire Pressure Sensor Problems pt2

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 06/07 Tire Pressure Sensor Problems pt2

This past sunday I got the '06 Monte out to drive it to Church since it was nice n sunny out. It was cold. Colder then the weather we've been having.

On the way home I notice a message on the dash to check theleft and rightfront tires. Then it flashes a message to check both back tires.

Is this something that shows up when it's cold out?

I ask cause yesterday my father said his '07 300C was doing this to him.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Default RE: 06/07 Tire Pressure Sensor Problems pt2

Hi RJ, When I got off work @ 5 AMthis morning it was 37 degrees here in Florida : ( [X(](I don't like the cold : ). My tire pressure warning flashed, then stopped. My monitor states that my tires have 34 psi, but three of my tire gauges reflect it to be 31 psi.in each tire. Either my computer is wrong or all three of my tire gauges ? I will have it checked, next time that I am in for service. I have to get my remote re-calibrated also.

I would check with your dealer & ask, if no one has the answers. Good Luck. `Space

Old 01-30-2007, 03:53 PM

I've been hearing things about the tire monitoring systems being affected by the outside temperature. Make sure you post whatever comments you are getting from dealers as to what is the problem.

So far so good with my 2007, and I live in the Great White North, where the temperature the last few nights has been in the single didgits, Fahrenheit. Maybe they got the problem fixed for 07.

By the way Space, I am leaving for your neck of the woods (Not outer Space) but to the Sunshine State on Thursday Morning. I want to take this opportunity to concede the MOTM award to you, and again no matter what you say, it is well deserved. Maybe I'll get another chance in another month.

Anyway, I tried to look up Beach Island Florida, so I could toot my horn going by, but couldn't get location with Google. We will be travelling on I-75, all the way to Port Charlotte. I will keep my eyes open for "Space's Earth Vehicle" and will toot my horn around Tampa. Hopefully this is your area.

Won't be back til March, so I will be absent from this forum til then. Keep up the good work everyone, and I will be again putting in my $.02 when I return. As for all the rest of you Canucks on this board, I will be thinking of you while I wax my new Monte down in the sun. LOL

Old 01-30-2007, 04:34 PM

RJ
This is the problem that most of us are having. Their is a TSB out.... BUT GM HAS REMOVED THE MONTE CARLO FROM THIS AS OF JANUARY 16, 2007 (ACCORDING TO THE DEALER). They have already grounded my antenna which has helped with the tire pressure moniter for coming up with false reading. It did increase the distance on the remote a little but has not solved the problem with the remote software from going to sleep.

What needs to be done is following:

The new antenna andboth remotes need to be replaced. the Technical SeviceBullentin (TSB) for all the Romote Keyless Entry (RKE) and Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) concerns will be available in January 2007. DO NO ATTEMPT ANY FURTHER REPAIRS FOR ANY RKE OR TPM concerns on t he 2006-2007 Impala or Monte Carlo until the TSB is released

This is what my dealer told me today.

The parts (antenna and remotes are starting to come it), but GM is doing all the Impala's first, they have pulled the Monte off the list for now. Dealer is sending me the info

I guess since 260,000 Impala's have been sold vs 30,000 Montes they come first.....

Thats wrong but thats the way it is when it comes to the number game....[:@]

So now its a waiting game....

Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Michael, thanks for your post & good information.
"The numbers Game" - Well Chevrolet better start getting
better numbers or they will lose customers.

I sure hope they do. I love Chevy's : )
Wish U a Happy,
Space

Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 AM

Funny I haven't had any problems with my 06 LTZ but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the info. guys.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 AM

RJ
Here is another thing to check.
On the LTZ's the door post states the pressuers should be 30 psi (cold)
My right front and left rear flashed on because they fell below 26 psi (cold)
after I drove the car a few miles and once the pressure got above 27 psi the warning went out
I do believe if the pressures fall below a set value that will set the light

Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 AM

so far mins has been good to me and not done this. But it has flashed high beam out on me one whne the high beames worked fine LOL

it hasent done that lately either.

Would love to get my remotes changed out they ar cheap!!! the one the battery is still the one fromt he factory and it has come apart and the bat. holder has came aprt from the bread bord in sid ethe remote.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:11 PM

Well of course it'll set the light if it falls below a certain PSI, that's why it's a tire pressure monitoring system. Anyways, I wonder what the problem is since I haven't seen this on my car?

Old 01-31-2007, 02:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay so this seems to be a problem with the '06/07 Montes.

But this can't be why my father's Chrysler was doing the same thing?

Quick Reply: 06/07 Tire Pressure Sensor Problems pt2