General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

05MC In Storage What to Do :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Default 05MC In Storage What to Do :(

Well I bought a 91 Buick Century month ago got it saftied and parked My monte in storage for the last 3 weeks. This 20 yr old 3300 Buik Has been Great Besides the hermonic ballancer makeing some weird noises, Car sounded like a deisal at idle...

Well I really Miss My Monte Not seeing it evry morning, I come on this site just to look at Montes HAHAHA,

Past few weeks I have been bored, Ive been Collections Some Red LED Lights that That Ill be Installing for Interior lighting,

As for my Almost stock 3.8 S/C Im Going to Be Buying Myself a Set of 1.9 Rockers for Christmas pressent. My Monte has 92,000Kms I have 2.5"Catless downPipe, Removed res, and also have K&N. Cant Wait to Get them Installed Cant test them till Winter GONE tho

IN summer My plans are To complete a 3.4 PULLY system, (PCM Tune, Modual pully seystem, PLUGS,Tstat, and Maybe Plog)

Thats all I have to say for Now, Well Besides I MISS MY DAM SUPERCHARGER

Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

'91 Century, eh? Man, those cars bring back memories.... My first car was a beat up piece of crap '84 Century. Later on in life, I got a '93 Century, fully loaded with a 3300 as well as a winter beater so I could park my Camaro. Drove the car 6 months until some kid smashed the rear end!!
Here's a little info and picks on my Centuries:
http://crzyz28.sytes.net/buick.html

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

You must feel guilty if your buying your monte all those gifts. Just think spring is only like 5 months away.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM

ONLY 5 MONTHS. wHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cant wait. Im going to see My monte ON SATERDAY, Gonna Plug it in for few hours then Gonna start it. I Just wanna hear it

I have not Purchased 1.9 Rockers as Im debaiting On either 1.9 rockers or a Cheep Cam. Labour is no problem As i would do it. its just How Cash flows and If i really wanna Cam Monte Or not, Not sure on what would be better.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's why I wanted an 05 SS for my Daily Driver - don't have to be too worried about a paint chip here or there and I can pound on it and not feel guilty!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Yea thats Awsome... My Monte is Daily Driver In summer But not winter. My Biggest mod will be VS CAM or 1.9 Rockers. Just wanna make it Little quicker.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Not sure on what would be better.
If you're trying to make power, of course a cam is going to be better.
They are however, much more labor intensive and overall much more expensive.

1.9 modified stock rockers are super easy to install, and tend to be found for very cheap nowadays if you're willing to pick up a used set from one of the forums.

If you're planning on doing a 3.4 setup and stopping there, I'd just go with the 1.9 rockers and definitely plan on installing headers (as in not just maybe installing a plog, but definitely going straight for a header install). Honestly, I'd do a header install before the rockers. These engines have enough trouble breathing as is, and the manifolds are one of the biggest bottlenecks on the exhaust.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 PM

Yea After More research Im Mostlikly sticking with 1.9 Rockers..

I was thinking Plog For sure (Could It wait Till Next Winter ), Don't really wan't to spend that kind money on exhust (headers). ive Already Have 2.5" Stainless Offroad Down Pipe (stright Pipe) ive removed res, and Just K&N air Intake,

If I go With Rockers Im purchasing a zzp PCM, and modular Pully all the same Time.
And since Im going with 1.9s I would Like to Change Springs. What Am I supose to Go with 90s or 105s?

Thank you,
steve

Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Use the money you were going to spend on springs and a plog, sell your 2.5" dp, and that could cover the cost of a decent set of headers. Just sayin.

Which 1.9 rockers are you going with? There is a lot of information about the different springs around, both quality and the actual spring rates. It's really a matter of picking a spring that is appropriate to your application, as stiffer springs themselves aren't going to add any power (unless your old springs were causing valve float).

Old 12-24-2010, 02:59 PM

Yea I see What you mean about headers. Yea Ive heard so many differnt storys thats why im trying to get evrything stight befor I buy anything. But with 1.9rockers should'nt I Change Springs Since Im already removing valve covers? car has 93 oooKM

I Donno Im Starting 2nd year in apprentice diesel mechanic. End Of March I hope to have Monte Out and Just wanted to get 3.4pully,Rokers spring,Pcm, For this One Summer But if thats not good enought Im Not sure. Maybe Ill Have to wait till Skewl Over.

Quick Reply: 05MC In Storage What to Do :(