General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

05 monte carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 05 monte carlo SS

Don't forget to post some pics if you get it.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-20-2009, 07:24 PM

Well Looked at it today. and Whoa I really do like the montes now that ive actully sat in one. this one was not that bad shape looks like it was taken car of. their isnt any major dents only 2 small spots . one on the front bumper and one on back back bumper no bigger thendime and has touch up paint on it. The leather in side good all around besides the drivers seat. on the left side that wraps around its starting to peal. Not sure on that but Never though GM leather would be strong anyways. other then that is a nice looking car.

Im going to bank probly tomorow or soo to see if im aproved. if soo Its mine. and ILL be takeing Lots of pictures and Hope to spend Lots of money into it thank you guys.

justhave fewquestion.
1. with the supercharger some one has stated that you SHOULD MUST USE PREMIUM fuel. I would like to know Why exact? does it Give you that much more kms??

2. Flex plate. What is that and how hard/expenive is this to do.

3. Steering Shaft Clunking? Is this just a matter of Greesing a Nipple? Please Explain.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

just curious what color is the car? yes us premium gas 93 or above octane. i doubt if you going to have problem with broke flex plate or clunking steering shaft. when you take the car out for a test drive just do like how you would do when buying a new car, check for leaks, grinding noise, or any unusal shfting and stuff like that. if you can try to get a carfax and something the fax will have the name of the previous owner on. i would try contact the owner and ask questions on the car.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM

ook. The monte is Siliver with black leather. It was in the show room all shinned up. Dealer says it was off a lease. I didnt get to test drive it as it was almost closing time and it being in show room. Ill see if bank will let me go if soo then i will test it.thiers only 55 000kms on it.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

that would be great if you be able to get the car. a lease car might not be a bad car. i'm sure the previous owner have to take the car for a lube and maintence schedual assign in his/her contract. when he/she return the car after the lease expire the car have to be in good shape. if you going to get the car for sure i would take it to your trusted mechanic and have them inspect the car to be sure it's all good.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Good luck Steven, I hope it works out for ya.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM

Yea i work as diesel mechanic we do saftys on cars/trucks. Its my Uncles own shop, I can take it their any day.Yea butI was going to use my writt off money for my Alero to put the down payment.Dealingwith auto pack is like talking to a wall. Low ball and they ignore you for 3 weeks. Calling dealer tomorow to scedual atest drive. The car was in the show room whenI looked at it. She was allShinedUp, but tires seem to be a little worn notto much longer, butit looks likethey would pass safty. It has 56,000kms and they want 13,900 :S

Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven73

1. with the supercharger some one has stated that you SHOULD MUST USE PREMIUM fuel. I would like to know Why exact? does it Give you that much more kms??

2. Flex plate. What is that and how hard/expenive is this to do.

3. Steering Shaft Clunking? Is this just a matter of Greesing a Nipple? Please Explain.
1. you have to use premium gas to prevent kr (knock retard) knock retard is pre-detonation or havin the fuel mixture in the cylinder detonate before the spark plug ingnites the mixture...the 2 opposing flames meet and cause the knock

2. The flexplate is what "connects" the starter to the torque converter on ur transmission. it is what the starter turns to crank the engine when u start it. i do not know how difficult it is to replace as i have never personally replaced one.

3. you actually have to take the iss out and grease the bearings inside. its not that hard and might still be covered under recall for an 05...i highly doubt it but u might get lucky. id as the dealership if they would "grease" (i think its more of a silicon compound) the iss for u before you buy it. if i remember right its pretty easy to do if u have to knowledge and tools on hand