General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

05 malibu ss???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That link just takes you to the main home page for cars.com ???

Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 AM

it would be a foolish move to underestimate that car. it looks kinda cool,wasnt super expensive, and could rip off low 15s bone stock. if it went on a serious diet it could be a threat. and i think the car deserves to be called an SS it just doesnt deserve to be called a malibu.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:05 PM

I suppose the Malibu SS wasn't lacking on demand of power, considering it was just a N/A V6. But most SS vehicles have a certain sporty and stylish look to them that usually sets them apart from their LS or LT siblings. The Malibu SS sure didn't look that aggressive or intimidating, especially when you consider the other cars that have received the SS emblem, Impala, Monte Carlo, Camaro, they all looked more fierce.

I suppose it may serve as a good sleeper? But then the 3.9 can't be built up so much as to compete with the L67 or LS1.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
That link just takes you to the main home page for cars.com ???
http://www.phillipschevy.com/certifi...seHistory=true

Hope that one works.
Originally Posted by Quatermain S/C SS
I suppose the Malibu SS wasn't lacking on demand of power, considering it was just a N/A V6. But most SS vehicles have a certain sporty and stylish look to them that usually sets them apart from their LS or LT siblings. The Malibu SS sure didn't look that aggressive or intimidating, especially when you consider the other cars that have received the SS emblem, Impala, Monte Carlo, Camaro, they all looked more fierce.

I suppose it may serve as a good sleeper? But then the 3.9 can't be built up so much as to compete with the L67 or LS1.
What about the Cobalt or HHR, those things don't look "fierce" at all. lol

Old 05-03-2010, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep that worked. And yea, I really think they are actually pretty cool mid-sized sedans. The SS version of the 05-07 Malibu is the only one I would consider though. If I was in the market for a Malibu, I'd really want the 08+

Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Yep that worked. And yea, I really think they are actually pretty cool mid-sized sedans. The SS version of the 05-07 Malibu is the only one I would consider though. If I was in the market for a Malibu, I'd really want the 08+
Agreed.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM

i think the cobalts look tough, and i dont really think that the impalas were all the different looking in ss form than a regular impala. if anything they did the same exact thing with the malibu as they did with the monte ,cobalt, impala,and the hhr when they made them an SS car different motor, different wheels, tighter suspension, spoiler,and ground effects. seems like the formula for a modern ss car.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10

What about the Cobalt or HHR, those things don't look "fierce" at all. lol
Well the Cobalt SS actually had decent power to back up the SS emblem it carried, a supercharged 2.4 liter putting out 265HP and 0-60 in 5.6 seconds was not bad. And I never knew they mad an SS version of the HHR, if it's no longer around anymore I think we may know why.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM

quarterman i cant tell its you with that new sig. congrats on the intimidator. this thread is dead. when i saw it i was in my girls corolla or i would have raced him. he looked like he wanted to race me in the toyota with a 1.8 vvti.

lol id like to see that. her car is very quick, but lacks power to help out past 2nd gear.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by mak330
quarterman i cant tell its you with that new sig. congrats on the intimidator.
Well I'm still in the "process" of buying the car, nothing is certain yet. But I do have a $500 hold on the car, I'm just awaiting for all the loan details to be worked out. Will let everyone know when I OFFICIALLY have the car. But I will be getting an Intimidator, that I promise.

Quick Reply: 05 malibu ss???