General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

00-05 seats in a 07, actuator problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:46 AM
Default 00-05 seats in a 07, actuator problems

So I have a couple things I couldn't figure out by myself searching.

1) My seats are junk, burn holes ect. I want to replace them all, two front and the back seat also. Do the older generation seats fit in the newest style?

2) I am having troubles with actuators again. When I got the car the one on the way passenger side was clicking so I replaced it. Now the next one over (middle?) started clicking. I unplugged them both in frustation. Now there is yet another one, right in the middle of the car clicking.

It seems like its behind the cd player and way far back. I don't mind replacing them but its getting anoying it clicking for two minutes. Also when I click the ac it blinks at me 5 or 6 times and doesn't come on. In the heat of summer when its 90 degrees outside and I am stuck in traffic is very brutal in a dark colored car.

Thanks for reading and any input would be great! I would prefer to just unplug all the actuators so they STOP clicking. I don't really need AC, but that would be great to have too.

One more thought, is there a fuse I can pull so the actuators actually stop? I think the AC could be pulled and possibly one for the blower motor but then I wouldn't have any heat for the winter.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:30 PM

The seat swap is a tough one to answer, I'm sure not many people put older car parts in newer car's. The seat will probably bolt right up but my concern would be if the 07 use's the same air bags in the seats or if they use a different setup. I can relate to you sitting in a dark car on a hot day so hopefully someone will give you more insite on the actuators. I would suggest when you do change them that the doors the actuator opens and closes operate freely and don't bind. No sense putting in a new part for it to wear out right away. Good luck

Old 08-20-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
The seat swap is a tough one to answer, I'm sure not many people put older car parts in newer car's. The seat will probably bolt right up but my concern would be if the 07 use's the same air bags in the seats or if they use a different setup. I can relate to you sitting in a dark car on a hot day so hopefully someone will give you more insite on the actuators. I would suggest when you do change them that the doors the actuator opens and closes operate freely and don't bind. No sense putting in a new part for it to wear out right away. Good luck

Its hard to say on the seats, but your right the airbag hookup might be different. My heat worked last spring so really all I need is the heat to work in the winter time. AC doesn't work so not sure how defrost will go. Its just my cars little eletric gremlems are at bay. I found the third actuator today and am working on getting it unplugged. The clicking is anoying, and then add on top my rear strut/links are clunking like someones hitting a hammer in the trunk.

I changed the way passenger side actuator and it stopped clicking for awhile then started again. It moved from the passenger side to next over, to the driver side.