General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
06/07 Monte Carlo "LTZ"
10.00%
06/07 Monte Carlo "SS"
90.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

~ What would you rather have/drive ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ What would you rather have/drive ?

[align=center]This should be a interesting Poll.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Which Monte Carlo would you pick ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The luxury of a LTZ[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]the Power of the "SS" ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your comments on why ?[/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Default RE: ~ What would you rather have ?

[align=center][:-]Below Picture of Member RJ's 2006 Monte Carlo LTZ [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Below picture of MCF Member Bill Wilson: 2007 Monte Carlo SS [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i like power

more power **tim taylor noise here***

doesn't the ss have all the leather and all options too??

Old 07-10-2007, 08:59 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd
i like power

more power **tim taylor noise here***

doesn't the ss have all the leather and all options too??
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A real crazy car guy "Tim Taylor [/align][align=center][/align]
SPECIALTY FILE: Tim Allen Design Cadillac DeVille DTSi - Specialty Files
[align=center][:-]click link 2 read about Tim's Cad [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.caranddriver.com/specialt...ille-dtsi.html[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 AM

I don't think there is any difference in the "Trim" between the LTZ and the SS. The SS has standard leather, although I think when I originally ordered mine,you could delete the leather for a credit if you so desired.Iknow the SS has a slightly stiffer suspension, and the 18" wheels.The SSdoes have the Chrome exhaust tips as standard as well. Other than that, I think they are pretty much the same except for the engine.

The engine...."WOW". Nothing sounds like a V8. Also, you can't get the Tu-tone package with the LTZ. I personally think the silver ground effects are one of the real attention grabbers with the car.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM

2007 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
[align=center][/align]
New for 2007
[ul][*]New 7.0 Generation OnStar system offers Turn-by-Turn navigation (requires optional Directions and Connections OnStar service) [*]New exterior colors: Precision Red, Imperial Blue Metallic, Black Amethyst, Red Jewel Tintcoat (extra charge) [*]XM Satellite Radio now standard on SS [*]Tire pressure monitor standard on all Monte Carlo models [*]All 3.5L 3500 V-6 -equipped vehicles that are E85 compatible will receive a FlexFuel badge [*]3.9L V-6 dropped from the program [*]Only in the 2006 LT3 & LTZ Models[*]Rally Stripe package available on SS model [*]17-inch alloy wheels standard on LT [/ul][align=center]
2007 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
[/align][align=center]
2007 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO IS A WINNING CHOICE
ON AND OFF THE TRACK
The 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo adds sizzle to the mid-car segment with premium-quality features, racing-inspired styling, powerful yet fuel-efficient engines and thoughtful attention to detail. For 2007, Monte Carlo builds on the new look and revised suspension it received for 2006 for a vehicle that looks as good as it drives.
Monte Carlo draws on a rich NASCAR stock car racing legacy – the most successful nameplate in the sport’s history – to offer one of the industry’s only true midsize personal coupes. The vehicle has remained true to the roots of style and performance established at its introduction in 1970.
Both the LS and LT models use the 3.5L V-6 engine. The 3.5L V-6 uses variable valve timing and variable intake technology to help deliver 211 horsepower (157 kW) and 214 lb.-ft. (290 Nm) of torque . The muscular Monte Carlo SS, equipped with a 5.3L small-block V-8, produces 303 horsepower (226 kW) and 323 lb.-ft. (438 Nm) of torque.

All engines are matched to the Hydra-Matic 4T65 four-speed automatic transmission. This smooth-shifting transmission is renowned for its durability and strength with high-torque engines. The version mated with the 5.3L V-8 is enhanced to match the engine’s increased torque output.
For 2007, the Monte Carlo is available in the LS, LT and SS configurations. The LT model has been re-contented to include new standard and available equipment, and the LTZ model has been discontinued.
Highlights of the 2007 Monte Carlo include: [/align][ul][*][align=center]Standard 5.3L small-block V-8 with Active Fuel Management technology in SS model [/align][*][align=center]FlexFuel badge on E85-capable 3.5L 3500 V-6 models [/align][*][align=center]Available Rally Stripe package for Monte Carlo SS [/align][*][align=center]Hydra-Matic 4T65 four-speed automatic transmission mated to all engines; enhanced version used with 5.3L V-8 [/align][*][align=center]Bold exterior styling [/align][*][align=center]Retuned suspensions with wider front track [/align][*][align=center]Family of 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels and tires [/align][*][align=center]ABS and traction control [/align][*][align=center][b]Interior featuring high-quality attention to detail, including improved seat upholstery stitching,

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: ~ What would you rather have/drive ?

Sorry to my fellow LTZ buddies, but I would take the SS in a New York second.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Sorry to my fellow LTZ buddies, but I would take the SS in a New York second.
Hi Grandpa `Dave, is a New York second, faster then a LA second : ) ? ?
I was wondering, when I posted this subject, what you would choose : )
I agree with you 100 %, but I know that I would have to get another
part time job, just to pay for higher insurance, & maintenace cost : (
I'll keep `dreaming, & be thankful for what I have : )
Thanks 4 posting : )
`Space

Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

You just can't beat the sound or power of a V8.Also,if anyone plans on keeping their car for a future collectible,past history has proven that the most powerful,sport models become most desirable in the future.
Look at the GTO verses a fully equipped LeMans
Look at a Plymouth Road Runner verses a Satellite Sebring
Look at a Chrysler 300 verses a New Yorker
Look at a Hemi Cuda verses a Barracuda Gran Coupe
Look at the IROC verses the Berlinetta (does anyone remember these,with the fancy controls and all???)
Don't get me wrong,ALL Monte Carlo's are a unique ,rare and desirable car,but I think the SS is going to take the prize in the future.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Grandpa `Dave, is a New York second, faster then a LA second : ) ? ?[/align][align=center][/align]
Oh yes, we are so laid back here, a second in LA traffic is like 10 seconds in New York Traffic.

When I was in New York, I couldn't understand why all the taxis have bumper guards on the corners of their cars or why the rental agency did a "scratch" inventory on the car.

Now I know. If you blink while in Manhattan traffic, a taxi will stick the corner of his car between you and the car in front and bump or intimidate you out of his way.

Quick Reply: ~ What would you rather have/drive ?