General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

~ Monte Carlo Replacement ? ~

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Monte Carlo Replacement ? ~

[align=center][:-]Could this be Chevrolet's answer to the Monte Carlo ? [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2009 Chevrolet Chevelle [/align][align=center]
In 1978 Chevrolet droped the production of the Chevelle and replace it with the Malibu. In 2009 the Chvelle will be launched again and will be based on the Chevrolet SS (Super Sport) Concept that was unveiled at the 2003 North American International Auto Show that was intended to be a modern version of past SS vehicles, such as the Camaro and Chevelle. [/align]

The 2009 Chevrolet Chevelle will be based on the same platform as the 2009 Camaro: the Zeta Lite platform that Chevrolet will share with Holden. This architecture can hardly be described as hardly cutting edge, but is a lot more sophisticated than the rigid-axle Mustang.
The power plant under the bonnet will be a 400 bhp LS2 6.0-liter V-8 engine mated with a six-speed manual transmission.
The 2009 Chevelle will be mixing a dramatic design and true performance. Will use an updated formula, with fuel-efficient power-train, advanced chassis and contemporary design.
The 2003 Chevrolet SS Concept featured 21-inch front and 22-inch rear aluminum wheels with BF Goodrich performance tires. For the prodcution version they will be replaced with conventional alloys ranging probably from 17" to 19", depending on the model.
The Chevelle will be launched sometime in 2008 as a 2009 model
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]History
The Chevrolet Chevelle debuted for the 1964 model year as a mid-size automobile from Chevrolet. It was produced throughout the remainder of the 1960s and 1970s and was one of General Motors’ most successful models.
The Chevelle was intended to compete with the similarly sized Ford Fairlane, and to return to the Chevrolet lineup a model similar in size and concept to the popular 1955-57 models.
[/align][center]During the 1964 model year, over 76,800 Chevelle SS’s were produced. Two engine sizes were available, the 283 and 327 cubic inch. Horsepower ranged from 195 through 300 depending on the engine and configuration.
The Chevelle range started in 1964 with a 220 hp 283 V8, then in the mid of the year it was introduced on the top of the line with a 300 hp 327 V8. Nevertheless it was considered to be relatively slower compared to Pontiac[b]’s first year Tempest based GTO. The 65-model Chevelle introduced a ground-braking option that would put the Chevy A-body on top of GM’s muscle car heap: the l79

Old 04-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Default RE: ~ Monte Carlo Replacement ? ~

I guess a 2 door is out of the question.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oh i hope the look of it changed a bit...its too round...i dont like it...

i dont think there's going to be many 2 door vehicles anymore being made...most vehicles now are going to be going sporty 4 door...

Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM

I agree Wiz -way too round looking. Doesn't do a thing for me. Looks like an Austin Healy.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I guess a 2 door is out of the question.
[/align][align=center]Hi David, No GM is producing the Camaro for those[/align][align=center]that want a 2 door car to Blow away the Mustang GT's on the road : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I just hope there will be enough Gas 4 everyone that's into high performance cars....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let us pray : ) Peace...`space[/align]

[hr]

[align=center]Mod Wiz & -Revitupfaster...I also agree that it's 2 round,[/align][align=center]but I will wait for final judgement until I see one on the road or showroom....[/align]

Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 PM

That chevelle is completely different than the Monte of our Generation. Complete Different look, different engine, different type of driver required with the Manual tranny. For the Monte Lover sink your teeth into the Camaro.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:23 PM

Look at the line in the rear fender flare and in the rear window. It almost looks like what the RX8 has, those little half doors that only open when the front door is open. Me likey, if they make those I might just have to get a second job! lol!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:20 PM

I'd be nice to see the Chevelle around again. There will be a spike of sales from people that just want to own one again. I think this is really why they dump the lines and bring them back every so often... creates a huge demand. I think the Monte will be back, but it may take 5 to 10 years.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM

Yeah, doesn't do much for me either. Chevy came out with some pretty cool "little" cars recently. Anyone seen the new minicar concepts from chevy? I thought the "Beat" was pretty cool for its type.

http://www.cars.com/go/features/auto...amp;model=Beat

Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if thats supposed to compete with the mercedes smart car i like that

and yah that concept for the chevelle does look like an rx8...i couldn't put my finger on it..thanks for pointing that out...

they almost really need to make it look exactly like the old one only very little modernization like the new dodge challenger

Quick Reply: ~ Monte Carlo Replacement ? ~