General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

~ Brake Pads/Dust + More ~

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Brake Pads/Dust + More ~

[align=center][/align][align=center]When I owned my 05 Monte Carlo, I was always cleaning my[/align][align=center]rims from a lot of `Brake Dust.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't know what type of brake pads GM -Chevrolet - put on the[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2006 - 2007 Monte Carlo, but on my 06,I get very little, ifany `Brake dust on[/align][align=center]my rims : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've had to stand on them a few times, & still no dust : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was asked ,`if these brake pads will work on previous generation[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Monte Carlo's ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Does any member know ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've searched, but could not find any information.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post, if you know, and share your experience, with the brake/pads[/align][align=center]onyour 06/07 Monte's.[/align][align=center]Thanks,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: ~ Brake Dust Monte Carlo's ~

I thought I had an excessive amount of dust, but then again I never had nice wheels. So i could be over reacting, Im also kind of a neat freak when it comes to Amber.. lol thats her name...

Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I try to wash my car twice a week, and even doing that my wheels are full of brake dust. Along with the fender wells and other things. Maybe it's time for new brakes/brake pads.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

As Wiz noted on an earlier thread, they may come standard with ceramic pads which create almost no dust.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:20 PM

Strange.. I havent seen any dust yet. Must be the pads which from what I can see are OEM..

Old 07-10-2007, 01:33 PM

In 2006 GM changed braked pads to help reduce brake dust and brake wear

Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 PM

Well im sure 30,000 miles on mine they have been changed with non ceramics..

Old 07-10-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

In 2006 GM changed braked pads to help reduce brake dust and brake wear
Hi Mr. Michael Mrrench,
You have sure done your homework on your Monte Carlo : )
[:-]
[*][align=center]Four-wheel-disc brake system that was revised for 2006. The system provides more stopping power and reduced stopping distances, as well as smoother and quieter performance, longer pad life, and more resistance to brake pulsation. [/align][*][align=center]A new ABS system is standard on all trim levels except the base model. ABS helps provide improved steering control while preventing wheel lock-up during braking. It also includes Electronic brake force distribution, which helps provide optimum braking regardless of load, traction or braking speed. [/align][*][align=center]An available engine- and brake-managed full-function traction control system works with the ABS system to help ensure stable acceleration on a variety of road conditions. [/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 06LT3

Well im sure 30,000 miles on mine they have been changed with non ceramics..
Gabe, I have 31k with the oem pads and they are just fine!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:51 PM

got just about 35,000 on mine and they're still good.. . just had my dealer's service tech check them at my last service a few weeks ago...

Quick Reply: ~ Brake Pads/Dust + More ~