General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
1. Really BAD : (
3.13%
2. NOT 2 BAD
0%
3. GOOD TRANSPORTATION
0%
4. It's Alright 4 NOW
4.69%
5. AVERAGE - It's OK BEST I CAN DO
1.56%
6. ABOVE AVERAGE ENJOYMENT
6.25%
7. I'M HAPPY WITH MY MONTE NOW
4.69%
8. I REALLY LIKE MY MONTE EVERYDAY
17.19%
9. THE BEST 4 THE MONEY 4 ME
10.94%
10. THE BEST "I LOVE IT" I'M HAPPY : )
51.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

= Rate your Monte Carlo ? =

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: How do you rate your Monte Carlo ? Please Click : )

ORIGINAL: rj

No food/drink in my cars either.

If I had bout $40,000 lying around, I would sell my monte tomarrow and get a Dodge Charger SRT-8 for a few reasons...425HP!!, RWD, and 4 doors.

Can I have your yellow Monte? [sm=smiley20.gif]
(my girlfriend loves it)

I think the 3.9 in my LTZ does a decent job. And I have to dis-agree with the 5.3 in the SS not being a good running engine. The one I test drove seemed hot.

If I had the choice of getting a new car tomorrow.................. I'd go right out and buy an '07 SS Monte. Blue if I could find one.

If I had $40k, I think I would buy the Trailblazer SS with the 395 HP Corvette Engine[sm=gears.gif]

Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

ORIGINAL: Yellow_Monte

Cons...performance isn't that good (ya I know I have the 3.4L, but aside from the new 5.3L V8, Montes aren't really "fast"), FWD, handling isn't the best which also goes along with being FWD
i dont know about this...my 3.8 is probably as fast as a lot of the 5.3l engines and i haven't had any problem keeping up or beating anything i've raced so far...beat every mustang i've ever raced...
i'm very happy that my 3.8l supercharged can smoke most v8's out there
Really? cuz the 0-60 times are like 6.5 seconds for the S/C3.8. Thats not really that fast in my mind. I mean you could beat alot of regular cars on the road, but no camaros, vettes, bmws for example. Thats where I think it would be awesome to have a 425hp sedan

Old 03-23-2007, 01:55 AM

But when you have that kind of mindframe that only a fast car is a good car, you can go and buy a used compact sedan,triple the horsepower, and end up with a vette-killer. Maybe the Monte's don't scream withperformance, but then again how many people bought their Monte only for the performance? The first thing that turned me on to my 03 LS was the styling. Sure it only had 180 horse, but it was roomy, comfortable, and had a hell of a lot more history, better styling, and (I'll admit) a much better price than anything else I looked at and liked.

Why did I buy my 06? I could NOT find a single sedan that I thought even looked good. I'll even admit I drove rice burners to try them out, but didn't find anything I liked that was in my price range. I was shopping for cars for at least a month before Ifound the Monte I'm driving now. My voice mailbox was bursting with messages from salespersons. The car wasn't even prepped for sale when I noticed it in the shop getting cleaned. I took one look and a 5 minute drive and it was a deal.

If I had the extra funds would I still be driving this car? no, I'd be driving an LTZ with all the goodies.
Why not an SS? Simple, fuel mileage. My car's a daily driver and I couldn't afford the gas bill. Plus I have to admit that the whole V8-FWD thing makes me nervous, even with a beefed up tranny.

I'm not saying your liking of the Dodge, or rating of your Monte - is wrong, I'm just saying that if you're going to question everyone elses decisions, how are you so sure you won't question yours later on?

Old 03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Michael -FlynhghR, Yellow Monte, Mod Wiz, thanks for your post & thoughts
and taking the time to share them with the members.
You are all great contributing members.
This thread gives insight on how
members feel about their
Monte Carlo's
Thanks,
`Space

Old 03-23-2007, 09:55 AM

My Monte SS is like my Lady friend SERVICE
REGUARLY AND SHE WILL DO YOU GOOD
ALWAYS
If not start looking for a new ride

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/B605109DB4D64CDA94D78FE3BB899D10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

Cons...performance isn't that good (ya I know I have the 3.4L, but aside from the new 5.3L V8, Montes aren't really "fast"), FWD, handling isn't the best which also goes along with being FWD
i dont know about this...my 3.8 is probably as fast as a lot of the 5.3l engines and i haven't had any problem keeping up or beating anything i've raced so far...beat every mustang i've ever raced...
i'm very happy that my 3.8l supercharged can smoke most v8's out there
Really? cuz the 0-60 times are like 6.5 seconds for the S/C3.8. Thats not really that fast in my mind. I mean you could beat alot of regular cars on the road, but no camaros, vettes, bmws for example. Thats where I think it would be awesome to have a 425hp sedan
the little mods i've done must have improved the cars horsepower a ton then because i' have had no problem with any 8 cyl camaro's and transams....like i'm not beating them...i'm just staying nose to nose with them...thats why i want the smaller supercharger pulley...

i'm not saying i'm the fastest car out there..because i know theres a LOT out there faster than me...all i'm saying is that i'm really really happy with the fact that i can outrun most cars, and i still get the milage in it...i've never had a car where i could drive 90-95 mph for 500 miles and thats a tank of gas... most of them you'd be refilling around 300-350

i'm very happy with my monte

Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: fever42

My Monte SS is like my Lady friend SERVICE
REGUARLY AND SHE WILL DO YOU GOOD
ALWAYS
If not start looking for a new ride

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/B605109DB4D64CDA94D78FE3BB899D10.jpg[/IMG]
LMAO!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Hi Don, Fever42 : )[/align][align=center]My girlfriend []was reading yourpost & called me to the computer to viewwhat[/align][align=center]you had written You are BaD.....[sm=badbadbad.gif]Thanks [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks, now I have 2 go do a oil change & lube.[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=right][IMG]local://upfiles/714/A811CA4760B94969B19A4AC5AD7EF17B.gif[/IMG] [][/align]

Old 03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks, now I have 2 go do a oil change & lube.

And that's a bad thing? [sm=guilty.gif]

Don't forget. Pull the dipstick often to check the fluid level.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM

06 SS
NOt much for mods
Tinted windows
02 Emblems like the writing instead of script
pretty basic but its been cold and i am currenty never home (military life)

Quick Reply: = Rate your Monte Carlo ? =