General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
1. Really BAD : (
3.13%
2. NOT 2 BAD
0%
3. GOOD TRANSPORTATION
0%
4. It's Alright 4 NOW
4.69%
5. AVERAGE - It's OK BEST I CAN DO
1.56%
6. ABOVE AVERAGE ENJOYMENT
6.25%
7. I'M HAPPY WITH MY MONTE NOW
4.69%
8. I REALLY LIKE MY MONTE EVERYDAY
17.19%
9. THE BEST 4 THE MONEY 4 ME
10.94%
10. THE BEST "I LOVE IT" I'M HAPPY : )
51.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

= Rate your Monte Carlo ? =

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Default RE: How do you rate your Monte Carlo ? Please Click : )

I love my monte. 1995 LS with only a drop in k&n. soon to change. has about 59,000 oringinal miles. best part of the car is i got it for free! my grandfather gave it to me!

Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I LOVE my Rock'n Intimidator SS. This is my 3rd Monte, a red '95, black '01 SS LE, and this '04 Intimidator SS. Also owned two '01 Impalas, but totalled both.
It will be the way I want it by the end of summer, hopefully. Done LOTS to it already. More to come. My '02 Intimidator speedometer overlay might go on this weekend. I just purchased an entire guage cluster on Ebay, which is where this car came from. 600mi away, but got it for half of sticker. On the road for under 20k w/ less than 5k mi on it, w/ ALL options. I'm EXTREMELY happy with it. ZERO problems so far w/ 39k mi now. I did buy an extended warranty thru GM thry 97,544mi, zero deductible, because after all, this is a Chevy!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]I rated my 2006 LT3 a nine (9).....[/align][align=center]I traded my SuperClean05 LT plus $1K for my 06LT3[/align][align=center]I really liked my 05 LT, but I love my 06 LT3.[/align][align=center]You just have to drive one to feel the difference between the two.[/align][align=center][:-]Love the power of the 3.9 242 HP Engine [/align][align=center]I hope it's as bulletproof as the 3.8L[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/D2860B7ADB814C478668B390082E69B9.jpg[/IMG]
[:-]I like the new dash, but wish it had the gauge pkg. oil pres/amps gauges
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/6FCC95E95AF3451199AAB3AEAE05A7B2.jpg[/IMG]
[:-]Below pic of my first Monte 05LT SUPERIOR BLUE
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/51E325FB00E34394A5119C1AFBBFDFC5.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][:-]Sig pic is my 06 Monte SpaceCraft below : )[/align]

Old 03-05-2007, 03:16 PM

I currently have 3.

96 Z34 just a cold air kit 140K runs very well 27mpg on the road My son is using it in Ky and regularly embarrasses a lot of people. His favorite is Cobalts.

00 LS just the body kit 130K 28MPG Anyone that feels the ride on the road wants one and several have bought one.

06 SS What can I say about it, not quite as comfortable as the 00 but with the performance itputs out who cares. Almost too much power for a FWD.... OK maybe not, but it is a awesome excuse to not let anyone else drive it

Have NO plans or desire to get rid of any of them as long as the wheels are still round and attached

Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Only one member voted that their Monte was really BAD [X(][sm=signs006.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Majority of Members gave their Monte "High Ratings"[/align][align=center][sm=signs007.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Did you rate your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]Go ahead, it's free : )[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]it's good practiceto click it & to get ready for the April[/align][align=center]Monte of the Month[/align][align=center]Contest.[/align][align=center]It just take one click to support a member[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Space ~[sm=pcwhack.gif][/align]

Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Mine
What can I say that everyone else has said.
Its an 06 Laser Blue LTZ (so far the only one around here that I know about)
The only mods that I want to do is:
Tint my window, get a set of door sills for it and exhaust tips.

Im pretty sure that the 3.9 has a lot of more horses then it shows but for this old man its fast enough for me

I love the sun roof, seats ect

My wife loves the 8 speaker sound system, at first she did not like XM radio but on trips thats all she listens to instead of the 6 cd player.

biggest down fall with the car is the front seats. Meaning its a pain the butt when someone wants to get in the back seat. With all the stuff that this car lets you know about I dont know why GM could not make the seats go back into the position that they were before you moved them.

Got the car in May of 06 new had 42 miles on it,only has 6,000 miles on her now. Would not replace it with anything else at right now. I love 2 door cars (more sporty) then a 4 door car or a mini van that we always had when the kids were growing up.

I think for the price that I got the Monte for and all the things that came with it you can not find a better deal out there.

Also own an 95 Monte LS with a 3.1L in it. The car has 120,000 miles on her. So far it has been pretty much maintenance free. Had to have the A/C charged up a couple of times. Put an alternator on her last year. A few years ago I installed a rear spoiler on it.

Had an 03 SS traded that in for the 06 LTZ. That car was ok but not as awsome as the 06 is. It had 65,000 miles on it when i traded it in. Had a few problems trans was starting to act up and few other little problems (only owned the car for a few months got that one used).

Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

The lighted vanity mirror is NO excuse for not having the sliding extension to the sunvisor. That thing was a lifesaver! But they make a nice addition to the maplights.

Hmmmm.. more to come I'm sure.....
FlynhghR,

Did you know that the entire visor slides on its rail, eliminating the need for the extentions?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:21 PM

I have a 2007 SS. Previously I had a 2001 SS and a 2004 S/C SS. All have been excellent cars. Each vehicle had and increasing amount of power 200 / 240 / 303hp. The 07's power is ablolutely awsome, and the fuel mileage is equally impressive in my opinion. The 01 & 04 were basically the same design and other than the dash and front clip, the 07 is also very similar.

If I have any gripes, its the placement of the HVAC controls, and the style. They are in my opinion too low, and the little wheelie control ***** are a pain in the a.......s. The Larger control ***** that adjust the air flow position and fan speed have small LED indicators (Blue in colour) which are virtually impossible to see in the daytime.

I do wish the seats would return to the same position after you tilt them forward for access to the back seat, and it would have been nice if the passenger seat was power operated like the driver seat.

On small gripe is that the 01 & 04 had a "Strap" type handle attached to the inside of the trunk lid so a shorter person could use it to pull the trunk down. (My Wife for example) This is missing fron the 07. Somewhat of an insignificant item, but she sure let me know about it not being there. What would it cost GM to keep the damn thing on the car, and save us guys the hassel from the wife?

I opted for the optional Chrome wheels (the ones you have to buy from the parts dept.) and even though they are pricey, well worth the money in just the comments they generate.

All in all I am very happy with the Monte Carlo, and hate to see the run end. I know the 2 door design has its "convenience" flaws, but it more than makes up for it in the "Sporty" appearance. Besides that, I don't sit in the back seat anyway. If you want to ride with me, and the passenger seat is already taken, live with it or don't go.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

On small gripe is that the 01 & 04 had a "Strap" type handle attached to the inside of the trunk lid so a shorter person could use it to pull the trunk down. (My Wife for example) This is missing fron the 07. Somewhat of an insignificant item, but she sure let me know about it not being there. What would it cost GM to keep the damn thing on the car, and save us guys the hassel from the wife?
That is funny that they eliminated the strap. The '06 LTZ has the strap. I love the emergency release if you or a kidnapper locks you in your own trunk.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Only one member voted that their Monte was really BAD [X(][sm=signs006.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Majority of Members gave their Monte "High Ratings"[/align][align=center][sm=signs007.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Did you rate your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]Go ahead, it's free : )[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]it's good practiceto click it & to get ready for the April[/align][align=center]Monte of the Month[/align][align=center]Contest.[/align][align=center]It just take one click to support a member[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Space ~[sm=pcwhack.gif][/align]
So Space Dude, the chair positioning seems to be the biggest complaint. My biggest complaint as everyone knows is the mysterious flapping seatbelt.

I agree that the biggest compliment is the power of the 3.9 VVT Roller Engine

Quick Reply: = Rate your Monte Carlo ? =