General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
1. Really BAD : (
3.13%
2. NOT 2 BAD
0%
3. GOOD TRANSPORTATION
0%
4. It's Alright 4 NOW
4.69%
5. AVERAGE - It's OK BEST I CAN DO
1.56%
6. ABOVE AVERAGE ENJOYMENT
6.25%
7. I'M HAPPY WITH MY MONTE NOW
4.69%
8. I REALLY LIKE MY MONTE EVERYDAY
17.19%
9. THE BEST 4 THE MONEY 4 ME
10.94%
10. THE BEST "I LOVE IT" I'M HAPPY : )
51.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

= Rate your Monte Carlo ? =

Old 03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default = Rate your Monte Carlo ? =

[align=center][/font]How do you rate your Monte Carlo ?[/font][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please select your ratings 1 to 10[/align][align=center]10 being the highest rating[/font][/align][align=center][font="times new roman baltic"] 1 being the lowest [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your year, model, equipment, mod's below[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope this poll gives the members some insight[/align][align=center]on how the other members rate their Monte's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks in advance for sharing your information[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]participating in this poll.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Check back later & see what other members [/align][align=center]are posting & rating their Monte Carlo's[/align][align=center]I'm outa here[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish U a `Happy[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: How do you rate your Monte Carlo ? Please Click : )

i love my monte very happy with it
i got a great deal on it when i bought it so i'm very very happy with it...

2005 TONY STEWART EDITION SS
3.8l supercharged v6
mods

u-bend delete
high flow cat
no resonator
cold air intake
soon to install 3.4" supercharger pulley
and debating 20" rims

tinted windows (blacked right out)
and a tony stewart dangly thing on the mirror..lol

if i didn't have a monte i dont know what i'd be driving...there's too much to chose from...i think personally it would be a 300c or a magnum hemi

Old 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM

I just got an 06 LT3 not even a week ago...I love it, very impressed with the power the 3.9 has. Alot of fun to drive.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love my Monte. 2003 SS with the high sports apperance package with 21,000 miles on it. Mods include K&N CAI (need to install it), Dynomax cat back exhaust, and custom graphics. I really want to look into doing the u-bend delete and resonator delete.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:14 PM

i got mine for a great price and i cant be any happyer with it i love it

mods include;
custom fenderwall intake
random tech 2.5 downpipe
High flow cat
u-bend delete
borla cat back exhaust
5% tint
custom painted interior
painted engine bay (parts)
alpine deck / alpine type R subs 12"
rockford fosgate amp
51-fifty 20" rims on falken tires
and the most important one lemon and cherry air freshner

Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 PM

I'm happy with it, I gave it an 8. I just paid it off and am reconsidering selling it, but if a buyer comes along it may be outta here.

It's an 01 SS, loaded, stock, 65K.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:50 PM

I have a 2006 LT 3LT pkg. Mods? Sirius sattelite radio, unpowered sub in the trunk (have to wait for the car to be GM certified). Then who knows? I have lots planned

Ok, I've gotta say I like this one much better than my 2003 as far as power goes, comfort is about the same, but the seats seem stiffer somehow, and now the most annoying things are starting to come out:

The *%$(#!! seatbelt clip repeatedly lodges itself behind the seatbelt guide thing on the seat. Meaning everytime I get in the car I'm reaching back and pulling it out. I had this same problem on the 2003... You think GM woulda fixed it by now...

The upper portion of the seat when I recline it, loses it's recline every time I pull it forward to reach or allow sometone to getinto the back seat. My 2003 held it's recline position, invaluable IMHO.

The Fog lamp is automatically set to off, and the Traction control is automatically set to on. How stupid is this? What happened to regular old switches that held their position? This car has to have like a thousand frickin relays! (an electrical diagnosis nightmare)

Theupper storage compartment is gone?! and in its replacement, the airbag led. Huh? what's the point? Sure everything fell out of it, but I had a neat little elastic door I made that kept everything up there.

Oh, and gas hog alert! 26 mpg is the best I've seen for highway, compared to the ~30 my 03 got, but really, for 60 more horsepower it's definately worth it!

The lighted vanity mirror is NO excuse for not having the sliding extension to the sunvisor. That thing was a lifesaver! But they make a nice addition to the maplights.

Things that have been improved:
240 HP!!! WAHOO! It's the best 13k I've ever spent! Sure beats the 03's 180hp
Power drivers seat, very nice.
Spoiler!
Dually exhaust!
New front end clip (I was kinda iffy about it, but, silver looks as good on it as red did on the old style)
17 Inch wheels, and much better looking wheels too!
The new shifter **** is much better than the 'knuckle' T-handle of my 2003, and I definately don't miss
thegear selector on the center console. That thing was a detailing, nightmare just like the little storage
tray next to it.
I think they got rid of the old rubber type coating that was scraped off my old center console in places,
you couldn't repair that stuff!
Stainless interior trim.. very stylish and the radio is MUCH better. I HAVE A MUTE NOW!!!
Seat-back storage areas... I love storage. And plastic lined too. Now the idiot friends/kids that leave
half-eaten candy bars or junk in there won't have to be beaten..... (as hard)
140 MPH on the gauge instead of 120 MPH.... makes for a better goal you know.
Average speed on the DIC (driver info center).... is it just me... or is this a challenge?

Hmmmm.. more to come I'm sure.....

Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 PM

Awesome car, what else can I say!

Jason

Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I voted under three items. WHY? That's how much I like my '06 Monte.

If it were possible to buy another newer Monte, I'd get one for my girlfriend to drive. So she could tool around town in style.

My LTZ has 3.9 V6 under the hood, delay wipers, tach, 2 tripometers, cruise, tilt, A/C, volumn controls on the steering wheel, duel climate controls, heated seats, power windows/door locks, OnStar, XM radio, illuminated vanity mirrors, the self dimming rear view, the hands free phone is cool, 6 disk indash CD player,power sun roof, race inspired rear spoiler, 17" wheels, split folddown rear seat with arm rest.

I bought new mud flaps for itthis past tuesday from thedealer and found the Chevy accessory door sill covers on ebay for $80 shipped. I'mam getting the exhaust tips before I can't buy them anymore.And I did buy a semi-custom car cover for it.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:08 AM

I've had it three weeks and have 1,400 miles on her now; picked her up with 16 miles on the clock. This car took the place of my preppy Volvo 960. Love the Monte not a luxury car like the Volvo, but a good luxurious business man no nonsence sports car. Mine is the SS with the 5.3 V8, can't beat the power. It ate the San Bernadino mountains up like they were not even there on my drive to LA from the Bay Area. This car is much faster then my 1988 IROC with the L98 5.7 TPI & 3.42 gears. I'm glad i got a new Monte before they dicontinued them. For me if it was no more Monte, no new car for me. I give mine a 9.5

Mr. 960

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: = Rate your Monte Carlo ? =