General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

**Update Production/Sales#'s on Monte Carlo's +

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 10:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 06 Sales Monte & Vette : )

Maybe we should invent a system that takes care of that problem?

Then all the LTZ owners will buy it from us. [8D]

Old 12-09-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj
Maybe we should invent a system that takes care of that problem?
Then all the LTZ owners will buy it from us. [8D]
RJ & Grandpa `Dave, I'm hoping that someone with a 3.9 finds or makes exhaust
mod's for the 3.9 Engine system. Oh, and post a sound clip : )

LTZ owners, what are the differences in equipment between a 3LT & a LTZ ? ?

Below from Edmunds:
Body Styles, Trim Levels and Options:
The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a two-door coupe that comes in four trim levels: LS, LT, LTZ and SS. The LS model comes with 16-inch wheels, air conditioning, power door locks and windows, a tilt steering wheel and remote keyless entry. Stepping up to the LT model gets you 17-inch alloys, dual-zone manual air conditioning and a remote vehicle starter.The LTZ includes heated leather bucket seats, an upgraded audio system,17-inch alloys and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. The SS offers 18-inch wheels, a performance suspension and full-perimeter ground effects.

The only difference I can see over my LT3 is heated leather seats, audio system & auto-dim...is there more differences besides Badges ? The driveline is the same....

*Grandpa Dave, I hope that you are keeping your LTZ in good condition for your granddaughter : )

Old 12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I test drove two 3LTs and then my LTZ.

Maybe I'm dreaming on this but I could swear the LTZ hugs the road better? It performs like the SS Monte I rest drove.

Plus my LTZ has the power roof where neither 3LTs had one.

You're already aware the LTZ has heater leather seats where the 3LT doesn't.

Also the 3LT had a somewhat standard stereo system. The LTZ has a 6 disk in dash which is also MP3 compatible.

One thing the saleslady told me was the 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT all have black molding on the body. Chevy considers black as a downgrade over body color molding.

(my LTZ)

(the second 3LT..... I took for a test drive)

Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM

[/b]
ORIGINAL: rj
I test drove two 3LTs and then my LTZ.
Maybe I'm dreaming on this but I could swear the LTZ hugs the road better? It performs like the SS Monte I rest drove.
Plus my LTZ has the power roof where neither 3LTs had one.Option on 3LT

You're already aware the LTZ has heater leather seats where the 3LT doesn't. .Option on 3LT

Also the 3LT had a somewhat standard stereo system. The LTZ has a 6 disk in dash which is also MP3 compatible. .Option on 3LT

One thing the saleslady told me was the 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT all have black molding on the body. Chevy considers black as a downgrade over body color molding. .Not a option : (, but one can paint it : )
RJ, thanks for sharing your pic's with the forum. You have a rare beautiful Monte LTZ. I love the Silver. Thanks for your posts. How's the weather in SW Ohio ? `Space

Old 12-11-2006, 05:49 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Spacerider,

Hey if I helped another Monte owner decide to buy an '06 LTZ then it's the least I can do.

The weather so far (if we're considering winter) hasn't been bad at all. We were 20 degrees over normal temps. Then we had some really cold weather go through which dropped our temps 20 degrees below normal for this time of year. After this we got snow. Now it's warmed up again.

So I guess things are fine.

If I might add something.......
When I was looking the second 3LT and LTZ over it was difficult to decide which car to buy?
The 3LT was a very nice car. And the purchase price was $1,000 cheaper then the LTZ.
If you look at the pictures I posted you'll see the 3LT and my LTZ look exactly alike. Even the same wheels.
To me the coth seats of the 3LT would be easier to keep clean vs the leather seats of the LTZ. I normally cover the seats in my car(s) with a bed sheet or towel. So covering the 3LT seats wasn't a problem.
But the more I compared the cars, the more I was leaning towards buying the LTZ. And yes I admit once again my parents helped out. They bought my '86 LS Monte for. At the time I didn't have a job.
But they made it possible for me to afford the LTZ so I jumped all over it.
(Well......... I didn't actually jump on the car)
And they didn't buy the car for me. I'm making the monthly payments.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM

LTZ standard equipment over LT3 is heated, power outside rearview mirrors, upgraded stereo (optional on LT3), auto dimming rearview mirror, painted rocker panels instead of the black plastic ones, leather heated seats (which can be deleted for $1000 credit on LTZ). Power moonroof is optional on LTZ.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 AM

[align=center]December 2006 Sales[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Monte Carlo: 2,416[/align][align=center]Corvette: 3,081[/align][align=center]_____________________[/align][align=center]Yearly Total[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Monte Carlo: 34,115[/align][align=center]Corvette: 38,518[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]6th Generation Monte Carlo Sales Numbers[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]00' - 68,072
01' - 71,268
02' - 70,781
03' - 71,129
04' - 64,771
05' - 37,143
from the book - "Chevrolet Chronicle"[/align][align=center]Note: Above numbers posted by Moderator Mickey[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Monte Carlo is more rare then the Corvette in 06[/align][align=center]Click below site for total GM production #'s[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...mp;docid=31596[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What do you think ?[/align][align=center]* I've emailed GM & asked for a breakdown of Monte Carlo Models[/align][align=center]and equipment, but have not had a reply.[/align][align=center]If anyone knows how to obtain this infor ? [/align][align=center]please post.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Only 3 options left to buy on the LTZ was
1 sunroof
2 side seat air bags
3 6 cd changer

There is a big differance in handling between the LT and the LTZ.

In 07 they killed the LTZ model. So forus 06 LTZ owners, we have the rarest model of a Monte.... better hold on to them
Wonder what it will go for say 10 years from now on Barret Jackson.......[:-]

Old 01-06-2007, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Mrrench
Only 3 options left to buy on the LTZ was
1 sunroof
2 side seat air bags
3 6 cd changer
There is a big differance in handling between the LT and the LTZ.
In 07 the killed the LTZ model. So foruse 06 LTZ owners, we have the rarest model of a Monte.... better hold on to them
Wonder what it will go for say 10 years from now on Barret Jackson.......[:-]
Hi Michael, I agree there is a Big difference between the base LT
& the LTZ.
But, the LT3 w//the 3.9 has the same susp/rims/tires
as the LTZ.
The only difference between a LTZ & aLT3 standard equipment is heated leather seats, upgraded audio & auto dim rearview mirror.
Oh, and painted side body lower trim : )
(They are options for the LT3 - Mine has the upraded Audio)
Please let me know if I am missing something in the difference
between the LT3 & LTZ.
*I wish mine was a LTZ : )
[align=center]Body Styles, Trim Levels, and Options [/align]The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is a two-door coupe that comes in four trim levels: LS, LT, LTZ and SS. The LS model comes with 16-inch wheels, air conditioning, power door locks and windows, a tilt steering wheel and remote keyless entry. Stepping up to the LT model gets you dual-zone manual air conditioning and a remote vehicle starter. The LTZ includes heated leather bucket seats, an upgraded audio system, 17-inch alloys and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. The SS offers 18-inch wheels, a performance suspension and full-perimeter ground effects.
For more Style information, see our Compare Styles page.
Powertrains and Performance
The standard engine is a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 211 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque. Optional on the LT and standard on the LTZ is a 3.9-liter V6 with 240 hp and 242 lb-ft of torque. All models employ a responsive four-speed automatic transmission that sends the power through the front wheels. The SS has a 5.3-liter V8 making 303 hp and 323 lb-ft of torque. To handle the extra power, the SS uses a heavy-duty version of GM's four-speed automatic.
For more Performance Data, see our Specifications page.
Safety
Antilock brakes and traction control are standard on the 3.9L-equipped LT, the LTZ and the SS; they're optional on 3.5L-equipped cars. Front-seat side airbags are optional on all Monte Carlos. In government crash tests, the current-generation Chevrolet Monte Carlo received five stars (out of five) for protection of the driver and front passenger in a frontal collision.
[align=center]Above infor was obtained from[/align]
[align=center][:-]click link [:-][/align]
[align=center]http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/mon...06/review.html[/align]
Safe/Happy miles 2 U
`Space

Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member

So unless my LTZ was ordered with side air bags (I didn't see them listed on the window sticker I found in the glove box) then my car does not have them?

And was the 3.9 available as an option for the 3LT models? I ask cause I thought I was told anything below an LTZ got the 3.5 under the hood.

In 07 the killed the LTZ model. So foruse 06 LTZ owners, we have the rarest model of a Monte.... better hold on to them
Wonder what it will go for say 10 years from now on Barret Jackson.......

Sounds good to me. [sm=smiley2.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: **Update Production/Sales#'s on Monte Carlo's +