General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

*** MCF Member's - Important Please Read ***

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow *** MCF Member's - Important Please Read ***

Name:  MCFJJbanner2.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  38.0 KB

*** MCF Member's - Important Please Read ***

Thanks for clicking this Important Message. It's about our MCF Forum-Family & it's survival on the World Wide Web.(?)

Our forum has existed for many years because of the popularity of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, super sponsor's, super Staff & Member's. '

Sadly, since GM has ceased the production of the Monte Carlo in June 2007 the MCF active member's have been slowly declining. Over the years many member's have come & gone and moved on to other vehicles.

Some wise member's have refused to part with their Monte Carlo's and have been doing their best to keep our forum active and keep their Monte(s) in top condition.

The MCF has been fortunate over the years to have a great staff of dedicated indiviuals that have donated a lot of their time/life in keeping the MCF active/informative & fun. Seldom with little or no appreciation.

Please don't forget to thanks the ones in your life that do for you >Thank You<

I know that some member's just join the MCF when they are having a problem with their Monte, and then depart & never return until they have another problem... That's just life, but over the years there has been a super group of active members that visit the MCF on a regular basis & welcome our new member's and assist when they can with there Monte Problems. Those member's that share their life, their Monte, their pictures of their Monte(s)and participate on creating new threads & making posts on other threads.

Many member's also make plans to get together with other members in various parts of the country & have a super time & many also have attended the national
Cheverolet Monte Carlo Events.

I'm making this thread because I'm concerned about the future of the MCF. I've noticed that the MCF has lost many of it's major sponsors & we are now down to just a few. From my research I found that a auto forum will die if it doesn't have sponsors.

A forum will die if it isn't active.

I hope that you wouldn't want your MCF family to die (?) If you like being part of the Monte Carlo Family & want to associate with a great group of people from all over planet earth (?) Please try to be a active member of your Monte Carlo Family & encourage other's to contribute.(Thank You)....

I've never owned a Monte Carlo (I like them, especially the 1st & 4th Gen). I'm doing this thread for my best friend who has been a 10 year + member of the MCF, but he now has some medical issues that prevents him from being here or being active.

I've attempted to fill in for him on the MCF when time permits because of how important the Monte Carlo Family & Staff are to him. (4>$ure)

I'm very thankful for the super member's & staff (Past & Present), that are still here & keeping the MCF alive.

There are to many to list & if I tried it would take many pages to list.

I'm sure that Internet Brands (the owner of this forum) keeps track on activity & seeks to keep or get new sponsors.
I believe if we don't have active member's, that we will not keep or gain new sponsors.

No Sponsors = No $ = No MCF

(Look over at the empty spaces on the right side of this page...It use to be filled with sponsors)

It has declined & we need to support the ones that we still have & continue to be active & encourage other sponsors to support the MCF!

What can you do to be active on the MCF ? Welcome new member's, help member's when you can with a problem, nominate member's for Monte of the Monte/ Vote in all contests, get to know member's by just being active/ Visit the MCF daily Blog and make a post to say hello & that you checked in, +/ Post comments on member's pic's/posts/threads etc.

Please make a post on this thread with your idea's on how you & member's can assist in making the MCF more active/better & continue to be one of the best auto forums on the World Wide Wide.

"Ask not what the MCF can do for you,
but ask yourself what you can do to make the MCF better ?"

OK, it's your turn...Look forward to reading your words/suggestions/contributions on how to keep the MCF Active/fun/informative & growing...Thank You Much!!!
Sincerely, BeachBum`Mike

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-21-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: composed & submitted with a tired, but sincere Mine (wow)
Old 02-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Thumbs up

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
^
click

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-19-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Check out our sponsor's !!!!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:52 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks for the excellent write up BBMike!!!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Fellow member's,
This is serious. BBMike is our greatest resource for knowing the health of the forum. We should not take what he say's for granted. We've all known this forum as our best source for information, facts and camaraderie related to all things Monte Carlo. We are enthusiasts so let's show it! BBMike and so many others have devoted so much to this forum, now more than ever is the time to give back.
What can we do as member's to keep the pulse strong?
Mike has clearly explained the need to be active and contribute in order to be recognized by our sponsors, so let's do it!
In addition, I would also suggest a plan to address issues concerning funding. We all need to show support of our sponsors by patronizing them. If we support them, they will support us.
Do we have options?
What are they?
Does voluntary member contributions make sense? Is that possible?
Let's talk about this, before it's too late.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Thumbs up Thanks `Bob, Staff & all active member's

Hi `Bob & thank you much for your post, thoughts & being a super active member of the MCF

I appreciate your kind words, but I am not the best resource on the health of the MCF. No one from the Staff or any personnel from Internet Brands has said anything about closing our forum. To me it's just plain old southern country logic . I know that a business will close if they have no business or are not making any funds. I've just noticed that we have lost many of our prior sponsors & that our present members are not as involved as in the past. As I mentioned before is that I've never owned a Monte Carlo & joined the MCF because of my best friend `Space & his intense dedication. He was so honored to be made a moderator.

Posts: 33,585 + (the majority of post on my user name space made them.)

About Space Biography Member since 12/05 as SpaceRider, raised/taught by my grandfather on a Boat-Atlantic Ocean & a Beach Location Beach`in Florida Interests Surfing/skateboarding/cars/Fishing/Life/Helping others + Enjoying `Life! Occupation Living > Loving > Working on my `Dreams forename `Space surname Beach Vehicle(s) 05 Monte Lt > traded for 06 Monte LT3 & then sold to pay for college.

Now, I just have a surf & skateboard to get around + a Company Car/Boat. Saving $'s 4 my dream ride(s) & a Party>4-$ure<
  • '`Space & I have been together since we were around one year old (*I'm exactly 11months older: ) & Space's grandfather helped raise us. We were homeschooled together & have been together
    all of our life until he had a accident that changed his life. In our teens Space got a 05 Monte Carlo and soon after that got a 06 Monte LT3.(every penny he earned)>No Free Ride 4 him<
    He joined the MCF in 2005 & fell in love with the MCF & made many friends during his time & devotion to our forum.
  • I spent a lot of time with `Space when he was online & we both learned a lot about the Chevy Monte Carlo, but more importantly we learn a lot about people from all around the World. (the good, the bad, & the ugly: ) We were raised on a isolated beach area in Florida & the internet was a major eye opening experience 4>Sure. `Space put most of his free time on the MCF (or he was working or surfing) He is a hard worker and his grandfather taught us if we were going to do anything good that we should always do our best. `Space always did the best in whatever he did in life & on the MCF.
  • When the MCF Crashed years ago Admin `Taz (Lou) & `Space did their best to put the MCF back together. Those & other member's burned them self out rebuilding the MCF. So, the MCF has been a big part of their lives since they have been with the MCF. There's a History link on the forum that explains it in more details.
  • WoW, it's difficult or impossible to contain everything that has happened.
  • ========================================
  • Bob, I hope it doesn't come to member's having to pay a price to keep the MCF ?
  • I believe if everyone just gives as much as they get from the MCF it will continue to flourish and grow. No one person can do it and it's going to take Monte Carlo Forum Team Work.
  • I do think if anyone knows of a company that would like to be a sponsor is for them to contact our Administrator's, `Jason, Mike or retired Admin `Taz (Lou)
  • I hope as a group that everyone can try to be more active on the MCF. I know life can get busy, but if the member's keep the forum fun and informative that we will be OK. We just need member's to give as much as they take.
  • Do a simple thing like just posting a hello on our MCF `Blog. Or posting a hello for new member's.
  • I think the key is activity. Sponsors are attracted to a active web site.
  • So, it's up to you reading this...Yes you ? Thanks all for now, but not forever (loL) Thanks for reading everyone
  • Hey bb`Mike
WoW > Thank You I thought he wasn't ever going to stop writing !

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-21-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by P343
Thanks for the excellent write up BBMike!!!!!

Thank You Barbara for your post + your super dedication to the MCF & member's. You are a Super Mod, Monte(s) Owner & person It's people/member's like you that keep me coming back.

I keep trying to copy `Spaces style, but I think that's impossible, but I've sure learned a lot from him. I look forward to his future return. My life & the Beach Bum family has not been the same without `Space

Old 02-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

MCF has been a big part of my life since 2007. Space was the first to welcome me. And a major reason for MCF's success. Times change, people change, and the ways we get information change. I'm hoping for MCF's future. Many Monte Carlo websites have gone out of existence due to the lack of a new Monte Carlo being offered by GM. If GM was to bring back the Monte Carlo, it would really revitalize the Monte community.

BBMike... If you see Space, give him my best. I'm not going anywhere. But wish him a "safe and happy life" for me. And thank you Mike, for being here all these years.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It is kinda sad to see this forum slowly dying out. somedays it's really not active at all. I made a ton of friends on here, This forum got me into the Monte/Car world in general before i joined i wasnt much a car person, now thats all i do and i love it! I owe a lot to this forum and its for sure a bummer its getting slower.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with Devin, i bought a cheap 5th gen in 2011, found this forum and i've been here ever since. Went to my first meet with it, got more into cars, bought the intimidator and it snowballed from there. Shame to see it slow, wish i had ideas to bring some activity here.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
MCF has been a big part of my life since 2007. Space was the first to welcome me. And a major reason for MCF's success. Times change, people change, and the ways we get information change. I'm hoping for MCF's future. Many Monte Carlo websites have gone out of existence due to the lack of a new Monte Carlo being offered by GM. If GM was to bring back the Monte Carlo, it would really revitalize the Monte community.

BBMike... If you see Space, give him my best. I'm not going anywhere. But wish him a "safe and happy life" for me. And thank you Mike, for being here all these years.

Thanks you very much `Lou aka: Admin/Mod Taz for your post/words & everything you've done to make the Monte Carlo Forum one of the best auto forums on the web. If you were to be paid by Internet Brands (?), they would owe you many thousands of dollars.

I thought that you were here before Space ? I know that he thinks very highly of you & he was always talking about you & you were top of his Road Trip to visit. The BeachBum's had a road trip dream plan. Sadly, events in life can change & it puts many dreams on hold. Space is presently in Sweden @ a highly skilled rehab center. His g/f & Bum Tommy said he doesn't remember me or Tommy. I was going to go over to visit, but I just don't want to see him like he presently is. I do pray a lot to the super dude or creator of all for his recovery. This really is to sad for me to continue.

Being on the MCF constantly reminds me of him & the many member's I've got to know over the years. I've tried to copy space's posting style & recall sitting with space when we would discuss the topic's he would post. Oh how I miss those days.

OK, back to the purpose of this thread.

I don't believe the MCF will die unless our present & future member's let it happen.

I know that GM is not producing the Monte Carlo any longer , but there is always hope. Until then there are many Monte Carlo's that are still out there for newer owners that need a forum to join to help them keep this awesome vehicle out on the highways. The Monte Carlo is still a very popular & super vehicle. I really believe that if the present members get & stay active and encourage our new member's to get involved that this forum could last for eternity

I'm hoping that this thread will encourage our present member's to be more active and enjoy the forum more.

The MCF will be only as good or bad as the member's make it.
If it fails , we all will have to take part of the blame.

I think if member's take the time to visit and get to know other member's that they will return more often.

I hope that some of my weird posts/threads will inspire others to create some off topic subjects that they believe will be of interest to the majority of the membership. You won't know, unless you try. Like space, I've tried several times (some say to many : ), sometimes I'm successful, but sometimes I fail.

The important thing is that it gives member's something new to read when they visit the MCF and hopefully that will encourage member's to help other member's when they have a problem.
I know I post a lot about different models of cars, but I think just about every member loves cars (?)...

I try, like Space not to post subjects on Religion, Politics' or controversial subjects, but I constantly search for subjects that will be popular with the majority. I hope I see member's trying it
"Nothing Ventured, nothing gained" >4-Sure<

I did not plan on writing a book when I started this thread, but just wanted to do something positive & hopefully encourage member's to become active....

Yes, the Monte Carlo Forum will not die unless we the member's Kill it....It's all up to you reading this `amen

p.s. thanks for reading & contributing
p.s.s. Thanks `Lou 4 all you do and have done 4 so many..

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 02-20-2016 at 06:46 PM.