General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

"Chevrolet" name

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Default "Chevrolet" name

Did anyone ever notice the "CHEVROLET" name does not appear anywhere on the 06-07 Monte Carlo.Nowhere outside,or inside or even under the hood for that matter.

I am aware of the "bowties",but the actual word "CHEVROLET" is nowhere to be found.As far as I can remember,it was absent on my 2000 SS as well.

I do know the 86-88 Monte Carlo had it on the passenger side dash,and I beleive some had it on the wheel center caps.

Years ago any Chevrolet had badges all over the place.Look at a '57 for example.I just thought this was interesting.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Default RE: "Chevrolet" name

[size=4][align=center]David, you are very observant. Now, I will have[/align][align=center]to give my Monte a closer look next time I detail it.[/align][align=center]Where and when did the name Chevrolet comes from ?[/align][align=center]Does any member know ?[/align][align=center]?[/align][align=center]Question of the Day ..?[/align][align=center]

Number 61 July 1990
NOTE: These CHEVROLET REVIEW pages were originally printed in the VCCA club magazine,
the GENERATOR & DISTRIBUTOR, copyright ĂŁ Vintage Chevrolet Club of America, 1990.

Chevrolet Bowtie History[/align][align=center] The Chevrolet Bowtie has been one of the World’s most recognized trademarks since 1913, when William C. Durant first introduced the symbol that represents Chevrolet’s
winning success!
We have all heard the legend how Durant copied the bowtie design from the wallpaper in a Paris Hotel. The 50 Year Anniversary issue of The Chevrolet Story, printed in 1961, and reprinted in part in the October 1986 G&D, told the story this way:

[/align][blockquote]
“This was also the year (1913) that the famous Chevrolet trademark was first used on the cars. The distinctive trademark has appeared billions of times on products, advertisings and sales literature as the mark of dependability, economy and quality in motor transportation. It originated
in Durant’s imagination when, as a world traveler in 1908, he saw the pattern marching off into infinity as a design on wallpaper in a French hotel. He tore off a piece of the wallpaper and kept it to show friends
with the thought that it would make a good nameplate for a car.”
[/blockquote][align=center]
BETWEEN SOUP & CHICKEN
Margery Durant in her book. My Father, wrote in 1929 her version of how her father designed the Chevrolet Bowtie:

“As in the case of the Buick, my father drew name-plates on pieces of
paper at the dinner table. I think it was between the soup and the fried
chicken one night that he sketched out the design that is used on the
Chevrolet car to this day.”
[b]WIFE HAS THE LAST WORD
A story in Chevrolet Pro Management Magazine, October 1986, which was copied in the May 1987 G&D, told that W.C. Durant did not copy the design from the wallpaper in a French hot

Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM

[align=center]

Chevrolet Motor Division

Type
Division of General Motors

Founded

Headquarters
Detroit, Michigan, USA, United States

Industry
Automobile

Products
Cars and trucks

Parent
General Motors

Slogan
A Revolution (World)
An American Revolution (United States)

Website

www.chevrolet.com[/align][/align][align=center][/align]
Chevrolet (IPA: [ĘÉ›v.ro.leÉŞË] - French origin), (colloquially Chevy) , is a brand of automobile, produced by General Motors (GM). It is the top selling GM marque and the best known brand of GM worldwide, with "Chevrolet" or "Chevy" being at times synonymous with GM. Chevrolet is GM's largest brand, currently offering over 20 vehicles and many different enhanced versions in its home market. The brand's vehicles range from subcompact cars to medium duty commercial trucks. Its number one sellers in the United States include the Silverado pickup, which is the second best-selling vehicle in the United States (after the FordF-150) and the Impala, which is the number one selling car with a domestic nameplate in the United States. [1]

Old 08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I too noticed the absense of the Chevrolet name on my '06 Monte. But I thought oh well, their loss. Plus I know what kind of cool car I own.

Years ago any Chevrolet had badges all over the place.Look at a '57 for example.

They are?

The BelAir has "Chevrolet" only on the hood & trunk IF the car is a V8 from the factory. Otherwise it's the crest at these places to indicate a 235 6 cylinder under the hood.

The 2100 model (Two-Ten) does have "Chevrolet" on the tail fins inside the area where the BelAir aluminum insert is on BelAir. But 210s got a painted section.

Both 210s and 150s got the name "Chevrolet" on the dash. BelAir got the name plate "BelAir" on the dash.

And both theV8 and 6 cylinder carsgot the name "Chevrolet" appears on the valve covers.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

Did anyone ever notice the "CHEVROLET" name does not appear anywhere on the 06-07 Monte Carlo.Nowhere outside,or inside or even under the hood for that matter.

I am aware of the "bowties",but the actual word "CHEVROLET" is nowhere to be found.As far as I can remember,it was absent on my 2000 SS as well.

I do know the 86-88 Monte Carlo had it on the passenger side dash,and I beleive some had it on the wheel center caps.

Years ago any Chevrolet had badges all over the place.Look at a '57 for example.I just thought this was interesting.
Great opportunity to buy a nice license frame that has "Chevrolet" emblazened on it.

Not as annoying as those frame with all those gold bowties on them.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Chevrolet- Cracked heads, every valve rattles, oil leaks every time. lol

Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Chevrolet- Cracked heads, every valve rattles, oil leaks every time. lol
LOL! I miss my 283.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM

it appears nowhere on my 97 either inside or out..

Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

never noticed that, but yah, good observation

Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 AM

eh, doesn't matter, I would have taken if off like I did everything else

Quick Reply: "Chevrolet" name