FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 Guides/How-To information for FWD Montes 1995-2007

Mod Guide: Hid projector headlights install

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Hid projector headlights install

THE HOW TO INSTALL FOR HID PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS FOR THE2006-2007 MONTE CARLO

ORDER A H3 HID KIT AND PICK YOUR COLOR TEMP, I USE 12000K HID LIGHTS

STEP 1: Remove headlight out of car and twist off the cap that is over the lo beam from behind the headlamp.

STEP 2: Use a screw driver to remove the existing H3light bulb

STEP 3: Unhook the white cable from the green cable, this will be the red wire of the new light bulb.

STEP 4: Unscrew the screw that is holding the black wire in place and this black wire will connect to the black wire of the new bulb.

STEP 5:hook up the green wire to the red wire of the new bulb and the black wire will hook up to black wire of the bulb.

STEP 6: screw everything like it was when you removed everything.

STEP 7: Find a place to close to the headlamps to put the ballasts (The Boxes) That connect the wires from the light to the boxes where you removed the headlamps in the car. You can drill holes to secure the ballasts properly, But my trick is using two zip ties to keep the ballasts connected to my car. Here is an example of the ballasts screwed to the bottom when I did the fog light install.

STEP 8: Then just put the headlamp back in its original location and your all done.

PS: I tried posting the pics using the add image above and it didn't work.

Click on the link below and it will take you to this install with pictures on my car domain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/19

Old 01-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Default RE: HID PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS INSTALL

Nice headlights, where did you get that kit from.I dont think the lights would go with my silver 06 but ive been searching for good hid bulbs for a while.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM

You can order the headlights in chrome or black on ebay.

Then you need to get a H3 bulb size Hid kit from HID World on ebay. Hid World is the sellers name.

the hid kit is about $100 with shipping, they are a great seller and offer a nice HID Kit, this is the third kit I bought from them, never a problem so far,

I have pictures of the install and the install instructions on my car domain link as well below my signature pic.

when anybody trys to install this setup, I will help online as much as I can, it isn't hard to do at all.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM

better place to get them than ebay.. with a warranty to
http://www.dashzracing.com/Shop/Cont...id/0/SFV/32559

Old 01-06-2009, 10:31 PM

wtf wont anyone make a projector light for the 00-05 cars i want somthign differnt than just the black ones that everyone has

Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM

you know what, I offered the tips to another member on projector headlights for 00-05 montes,

I THINK I WILL DO A PROTOTYPE HEADLIGHT SET FOR 00-05

What it costs me to make a nice set is what I will charge a member, I will try to make a set to show it can be done sometime.

It won't be done to soon but if somebody wants to back me up and really comes through on purchasing a set I will do it someday.

I will need a original headlight set of the 00-05

I need two projector covers so each one will be in each headlight

I don't know if I will be good at the Halo part for the headlight, But I will give it a shot

I will do a Hid Kit on the set

I will take pics to show the set works and this headlight set may cost at least $300, not sure on the exact price. (price may vary)

headlights probably $100, hids $100 and projectors and halos $$not sure how much yet>

It can be done, I am not an expert, But I have researched this project, I think it be alot of fun. I will do my best to make a quality looking set in the future.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Maybe I can do a raffle for the 00-05 owners to make up the cost of this project and I will put all names of those who pay a small fee for their tickets into a box and pick a winner and then send the set to the winner. That be really cool.

I will do like a max of five tickets per person and like each ticket could cost five dollars. That way if I had 12 people with five tickets each that would be an ideal situation and if there is more than that, than I could take a little profit for my time in labor and creating a cool product.

Then maybe one day I could market this Item, But I difinatly do it for the members here if it turns out real good.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you have me curious

Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM

Is there a way to adjust. the projectors up and down I haven't had time to look at the manual seeing that its in Japanese.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Hey Mavrick, I have the exact same setup as you but my only problem is the black cap that covers the wires and the bulb. When you connect the green and black wire to the HID's those wires hangout and there's no way to screw the cap back on. I saw in your pictures you had a separate piece that the bulb sat on (http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0216_large.jpg). Was that something you made or bought? Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Mod Guide: Hid projector headlights install