Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ZZP Vs OVerkill

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah, hopefully i'll be dirving down to Windsor sometime in august next year, tacking on 3 more hours to that short 40h drive should be worth it at that point!

Thanks again for everyones opinion!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM

ok i'll do a write up.. first i want to poit out that i really really wanted a over kill pcm. but i would e-mail will and he answered 1 out of the 5 e mails sent. i really liked the pcm and what it provided but could not get over the fact that his customer service was like CRAP. anyway my down pipe and high flow cat did not work well with my factor pcm and the gas millage suffered greatly so i went ahead and bought the zzp 1.0.

when i installed it it did not start up, i had to do a security re-learn it took me 2 tries but it took it. no more lights no crank sensor relarn or nothing needed. when it started up i could tell it was a lil something to it, because my pipes were louder. when i drove it around the 1 thing i could tell was the fact that this thang makes my transmittion shift gear constantly. when u mash the gas it down shifts then another upshift. when i marked it i could smell the exhaust when i walked behind it. my final thoughts is, its 'OK' i am going to get it custome tuned in the spring time since i'm going to drive up to their shop and hopefully then i can get the full experience of it. as of right now i have

-cold air intake
-down pipe
-spl exhaust
-180 t stat
-power log

next spring
-rockers
-smaller pully
-tune
*DONE*