Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

My Overkill Tune review

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Default My Overkill Tune review

About a month ago I received my new tune and I just wanted to give everyone my impressions of it incase anyone is considering getting it in the future.

First and foremost, the customer service I received from Will was outstanding. In a world of increased fees and poor customer appreciation, I wanted to extend a thank you to Will. I had tons and tons of questions regarding the tune and what exactly he was going to be doing and unfortunetly for him, I didn't ask them all at the same time. As more and more questions kept popping into my head I would send him an email and would get a very detailed reply back usually within the same day. Not once did he sound irritated or annoyed at the number of questions. So thanks Will, for educating me further on the LS4 platform.

Now for the good stuff...performance. I had the car tuned for 87 octane and it runs smoother, quieter, and stronger then before the tune, using 91 octane. Since getting the tune I have found numerous reasons to go for a trip. Wow, kinda low on toilet paper....better make a trip to Wal-Mart...at the next town over.
I also had DoD completely removed. I have gone through 2 tanks of gas since the tune. First tank of gas was 19.8 average mpg. That's miles divided by gallons, not what the car computer says. Second tank of gas was 21.7 mpgs. I'm interested to see what it balances off at once the computers are done re-learning everything. I love the car without DoD.
The transmission shifting points were also remapped. The car is much more willing to downshift from 4th to 3rd while on the freeway. Not un-neccesarily downshifting, but still better. I can still cruise with cruise control on and the car still powers up hills no problem without downshifting, but when it comes time to pass someone, the car downshifts immedietly and boom, it takes off. The tune is worth the money just because of how much better the transmission acts. The dead feeling when taking off from a stop light is gone. The car feels much lighter on its feet.
The temperature at which the fan turns on has been reduced so the car actually runs cooler.
So my over all review is....if you can afford it, do it! You'll get great customer service, a much smoother better running car, improved gas mileage, and absolutely wonderful shifting points/transmission behavior.
I hope the review has been helpful. If anyone has any questions for me ask

Last edited by 06athena; 05-14-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the tune, I will be getting a tune from Will here soon to go with my upcoming mods, it's probably going to blow my Milzy tune out of the water

Thanks again!