Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ZZP supercharger kit on the way!!! looking for a lil recommends about a few thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ZZP supercharger kit on the way!!! looking for a lil recommends about a few thing

hey so i have my kit on the way from zzp it was expensive, and is a lot cheaper to swap but after days of searching it was only 300$ more considering my friend is charging a lot less to do this job.
now the kit does not come with the boost gauge and they are tuning the pcm, can i buy the cluster from the supercharged version or just get a boost gauge?

i have an exhaust leak behind the engine i think its the flex, im looking to replace it and hopefully get more sound out of it. should i bother with the zzp downpipes? everything in my exhaust sys. is stock sized(2.5), i did do the u-bend delete and change the resonator a while back. if i get a 3" downpipe from them? will that make me change the size on everything?

im thinking of flow master mufflers for lil more some sound, i cant really take the cat off for inspection purposes and id rather not have it sound like a chopper haha but some more sound with be nice.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM

Hi, after4 trips to the exhaust shop, I finally am happy with my sound. I ended up with the ZZP resonator, 2-flowmaster super 44's w/4" tips. After trying a 12", 30" glasspack and no resonator.. No more drone and I'll be able to hear my supercharger when it's put on in a few weeks.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should probably look into doing headers. That kit is going to be an uphill battle with KR I feel.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

i agree with chibi, get some nice headers and never worry about them again. headers come with a down pipe so it solves all your issues. KR is a very bad thing, headers will help keep KR away

Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks for the responses I just got an email saying the kit is on the way
So headers? I just looked at zzp site and the headers are 670$ plus options is that how much these go for? Anyone no another place to get em? I feel it's way to expensive I wish I had another thousand to blow buti won't be getting a tax check anytime soon lool

But I definitely see what you guys are talking about and I do need to fix the leak but not for 700+ at least not today
I don't even think I should bother with ebay haha

Any tips are greatly appreciated
I will post up pics as soon as my friend and I work on it in his shop

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM

15 Year Member

Speed Daddy headers from eBay should work for you. Especially if you have access to a shop to put them on correctly.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 PM

speed daddy headers are great. I am running them too. you will deff want headers.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member

i just went on their sight and checked them out they were listed under the pontiac GP 3.8
and noticed it said primary 1.5" and outlet was 2.5"..is that larger than the stock size?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM

15 Year Member

Primary means every single pipe coming out is 1.5, the stock ones are manifolds where the pipes all mesh into one.

You can't really compare headers to manifolds like that lol

Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member

true lol didnt fully think it through..yea im gonna start working on the zzp kit tuesday night after my last final exam. i think im gonna just get the headers for now and wait a lil bit for the boost/kr gauge which apparently is another 250$..i need to find me a suger mama lol
so im looking at the speed daddy header likes you recommended unfortunately none on ebay but the speeddaddy site selling em pretty fair price($240) compared to the ZZP version

Quick Reply: ZZP supercharger kit on the way!!! looking for a lil recommends about a few thing