Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

zzp pcm

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Default zzp pcm

Ok Im a little bit confused. What does zzp do with my stock pcm that I send to them when I order theirs, and what happeneds if I need it back?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am pretty sure that as soon as they receive your PCM they send you one of their re-flashed ones. At that point they will re-flash yours to send to the next person. It should keep the time that you are without your vehicle to a minimum... As for the reflash...

"Speed limiter removed
Raised rev limiter
Raised shift points
3-1 and 4-2 skip shifts
Programmed for race pellet timing
Transmission line pressure increased
185F fan turn on
90 second fan on at key-off (this feature activates when engine coolant is 180 degrees or greater)
MAF calibration is year specific
WOT fueling richen to reduce KR
Removes lag by changing downshift tables
Correct VIN number programmed in
Part throttle KR issue fixed
Torque abuse modes are modified to eliminate bog at launch
Shift KR is remapped for modified vehicles
Power enrichment tables modified for cars running increased boost
P0128 code removed for running drilled or 160 Tstats on newer cars
Torque converter lockup tables modified to improve transmission life and eliminate converter lockup hunting
Fiero PCMs have all codes deleted for use in the Fiero, 1.0 features, security disabled, ABS disabled, etc (use the year of your engine on the drop down and all 9's for a vin)
Sand rail PCMs have all transmission settings disabled, all codes deleted that need to be, security & ABS disabled (use the year of your engine on the drop down and all 9's for a vin)"

That was copy/pasted from their website. Good luck!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They reprogram it and re sell it to someone else after they re-tune it. I would pick the option of buying one of theirs and keeping yours (you will return it and get the core fee refunded) until you are for sure everything works properly. I did that and my air bag light came on shortly after I installed mine and it wouldn't go off. I could still drive my car, so I contacted ZZP and they said to ship my original PCM to them and they would flash that. After I got my original one back - installed it and tested it - everything was fine and I sent back the other one. Haven't had a problem since.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 AM

if you select the option for "sending in core first" i will flash YOUR original PCM and send it back to you...if you pay the core charge, like said above, i will send you a re-flashed pcm, and flash yours to send out to someone else..i recommend sending in core first to all monte guys....for some reason, the montes tend to be a little picky when it comes to the security system....

Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM

If you can be without the car for a week or more I'd send yours in first, but if its your daily driver your better off paying the core charge and send yours in after you receive the new one. They are really fast at paying back the core charge. I got mine 3-4 days after I mailed it out