Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

White Smoke...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

~$40.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 PM

do you live up north like virginia it could be water vapor from the cold air. but it is always best to make sure its nothing serios. it wont hurt to check every thing after some new things are put on like exaughst it usually shows some thing that you didnt know about the car but it is best to check. but the leak down test kit you can get at a good part store it will tell you about the car. it should come with instructions on what the different collors are when you see the fluid in the container.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 AM

i have been having something similar to this happening to my monte lately and i notice it only ever happens on a cold (less than 60 more than 35 degree) start in the morning ... ill leave work and drive for about 2-3 miles without letting off the gas or stopping for lights or anything ... stop at one corner to turn and take off again and leave a nice screen of white

now ive had cars that burned oil before ... and they did so quite enthusiastically and frequently and with them it only took a difference in throttle to notice a cloud coming out but it was bluish white and you can smell it noticably ...

now i suspect this may either have something to do with the D.O.D or water vapor in the exhaust, having cheap gas in the tank for a while ( brother was broke running in it on normal ) or even just oil accumulation in the cylinders from running on 4 cylinders for a while then using it all

but im not real worried about it so far because the oil, coolant, and every other liquid are still where i filled them to about 400 miles ago and ive only done two or three really hard pulls on the motor since and all when well warmed up ...

oh btw the cars got almost 60k