Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Whipple vs. Turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: Whipple vs. Turbo ?

Hey, don't think that I haven't already thought of that! So, basically, I am screwed for getting a brand new one

I really had my hopes up too. lol Oh well, guess I will be doing daily searches on ebay.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Hey, don't think that I haven't already thought of that! So, basically, I am screwed for getting a brand new one

I really had my hopes up too. lol Oh well, guess I will be doing daily searches on ebay.
You have a chance yet, but you're best bet to get a new one is from ZZP. A slightly used one is very good as well.

Just don't bid against me when I see one. =D

Old 06-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Well Like i said though, Zoomer was not very helpful. He seemed very standoffish. I asked him when he would be getting them in, and he had NO idea. How can you not have an idea as to when you are going to be getting a product in for your business?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Well Like i said though, Zoomer was not very helpful. He seemed very standoffish. I asked him when he would be getting them in, and he had NO idea. How can you not have an idea as to when you are going to be getting a product in for your business?
That's easy to figure out if you've ever owned or worked for a small business. They have no idea because Eaton - who supplies them - has no idea when they are going to ship their next batch.

Eaton has a monopoly on their supercharger and they really don't cater very often to small companies. They spend more of their time working with GM, Ford, and Dodge which is understandably so. The last thing you want to do is loose them for a contract. Who would really care if you loose zzp's business. Eaton stands to loose maybe and that is a BIG maybe 100 supercharger sales. If Eaton lost the one of the big three they would be loosing thousands of sales in the near future and 10's of thousands in the long term future of 10 to 20 years.

So Zoomer really isn't being standoffish (he's actually a pretty cool and honest guy) but he's a low figure on the totem pole when you consider the other businesses out there.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 AM

I understand how that works. It is a shame that money talks, not honesty anymore

So, when I get home, lets you and I go shove some 05Pontiacs off the road Cause I WANT ONE!

There has to be SOMEONE to buy these things new from!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Keegan,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The other option[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've really enjoyed reading your informative post, & Dan's replies.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The modifications seem very expensive, but a great challenge.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know that I may be young & dumb, but to invest that[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]much money for the performance advantage, I[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]would first look into investing into an 06-07 V-8[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Monte Carlo that was designed & built with all the[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]component's &structure for performance [/align][align=center](Engine structure, susp, trans, etc, [/align][align=center]plus you have a factory warranty on a 06-07.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't think it would take much to get[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]a V-8 SS in the 12 second bracket. The price for the V-8 SS[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]are coming down & there are some great buys out there.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You have an awesome Black Monte V-6 SS(Super `sig 2).[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Have you ever considered gett'in a V-8 SS, & just enjoy driving,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]instead of constantly spending your time $$$keeping[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]things together on a highly modified Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Just something 2 consider ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know when I was mod'in, I spent all my time & money[/align][align=center]work'in on my car, & everyone else was surf'in .[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Really enjoyed your post...Thanks & Good Luck with[/align][align=center]your decision /project......`Space[/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 06:53 AM

Hey Space, thanks for the suggestion. You know, it's funny, because my friend just said something to me about that the other day. He asked why I would rather buy a used 04 and put so much money and time into it, when I could just buy a newer one that goes alot faster.

Well, my reasoning is this:

I've never done a whole lot of modding on newer cars, it has always been on older cars with my dad, (i.e. 36-38 Chevy Coupe, etc) so this was going to be my project car. I bought it with the strict reasoning that this was going to be my car which I sat down to and worked on in my free time after everything else was done. I already have 2 other cars, so this one is just for fun. So I do appreciate the suggestion, and if I were smart, I would probably consider it. But this car is going to be my new project car, and since my dad has since passed away, and Monte Carlo's were his passion, and he had always dreamed of completely restoring an old one, this new one will have to do.

So, in a nutshell, thats that.

And from what I understand, onceI finishmodding the car, and do everythingI need to, this will be a daily driver with minimal maintenance (i.e. oil changes, etc)

And believe me, you aren't young and dumb. Only a mere 11 months younger than I.

Take care!

-Keegan

Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM

[align=center]Hey Keegan,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks 4 your reply, & I respect your love[/align][align=center]for making your Monte your project car.[/align][align=center]I'm sure your fatherwould be proud.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You sure are lucky to have so many cars,[/align][align=center]plus a shop/tools to enjoy your work.[/align][align=center]Good Luck & Keep the MCF informed.[/align][align=center]Please post some `pic's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You have a beautiful SS[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Kinda the same here. I'm just not looking to mod a V8. It's so much more fun to fly by someone that has a 350 and when they ask "What do you have under the hood!?!?!" you can reply with a straight face or slight grin "just a 231".

Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 PM

That and the Intimidators interior is much cooler than the 07's. [sm=pimp.gif]

Quick Reply: Whipple vs. Turbo ?