Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Where to find hoses

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Where to find hoses

Or lines for the EVAP system? I just bought an '01 Monte Carlo 3.8 Series II with 122K on it. After looking under the hood yesterday I discovered that whoever owned this before me apparently broke the rubber molded piece that comes out of the throttle body and subsequently there are no hoses or lines now that connect to the fuel pressure regulator or the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve from the throttle body. The guy simply put some electrical tape over the throttle body connection and called it good. I have a P0440 showing up and I also am noticing horrible gas mileage. Not sure if the gas mileage is related to this issue or not but would like to get these hoses/lines. I checked with Autozone and Advanced Auto and they carry only the solenoid and regulator but not the hoses/lines that connect them. Any idea where I can track these down at? I haven't tried any salvage yards which I will call tomorrow but I'm not even sure what to refer to these hoses/lines as?

Also if I can track them down do I just connect them up or is there any "maintenance" or other stuff that needs to be done or do I just plug them in and I'm all set?

So I would need the rubber molded piece that is connected to the throttle body, the hose/line that goes from one side of that to the fuel pressure regulator and the hose/line that goes from the other side of that molded rubber connection to the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve. Thanks for any advice.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

check junk yard or can you just use regular rubber vacuum hose and clamp it on? im not sure about it because i eliminated mine completely lol.

you can just connect and call it a day there is nothing else you would need to do.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
check junk yard or can you just use regular rubber vacuum hose and clamp it on? im not sure about it because i eliminated mine completely lol.

you can just connect and call it a day there is nothing else you would need to do.
OK thanks man. I got a salvage yard about 5 miles from me I'll be calling them in the morning than and see if they have it. If not it looks like I can get it from the dealer maybe? This thread is exactly the part I'm looking for:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...-engine-28257/

Would that cause bad gas mileage or is that an unrelated problem? I haven't actually filled it up yet to be able to tell you what I'm getting but its just one of those things that I kind of tell if you know what I mean?

Its also throwing a cat code P0420 and in reading around I see that almost always means a bad catalytic converter? There is also an exhaust leak though in the "flange pipe" I think the guy called it. Which I'm thinking I might be better off just buying the whole pipe and cat assembly rather than having that pipe replaced only to find that the cat is plugged up and I need a new one of those too.

Last edited by michelob; 06-02-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

im not sure exactly what hose your talking about, take a pic of it and post it here for me to see. its possible that and the cat is hurting gas mileage. again not sure what you mean by flange pipe. if i were you buy a zzp 2.5" down pipe with a high flow cat and call it a day. the zzp down pipe eliminates the horribly designed "u" bend which is the most restricting part of the exhaust and is a great idea to eliminate it.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
im not sure exactly what hose your talking about, take a pic of it and post it here for me to see. its possible that and the cat is hurting gas mileage. again not sure what you mean by flange pipe. if i were you buy a zzp 2.5" down pipe with a high flow cat and call it a day. the zzp down pipe eliminates the horribly designed "u" bend which is the most restricting part of the exhaust and is a great idea to eliminate it.
LOL oops wrong link.

I edited the post its a post from here the guy is pointing with a red arrow to the molded rubber piece that connects to the throttle body. Its got like two little nipples on it one of which connects to the fuel pressure regulator and the other to the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve. I'm going to need that whole piece and by reading his thread I think its all one piece maybe?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

I've got a couple canisters with hoses attached I could sell you if you're interested. Just have to dig them up. Not sure if I have the dual opening grommet that goes on the throttle body though, but I do have the line from the canister to the throttle body I know that. Not sure if I have the one from the FPR to the throttle body though.

Last edited by PacerSS; 06-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
I've got a couple canisters with hoses attached I could sell you if you're interested. Just have to dig them up. Not sure if I have the dual opening grommet that goes on the throttle body though, but I do have the line from the canister to the throttle body I know that. Not sure if I have the one from the FPR to the throttle body though.
I appreciate the offer but I picked one up this morning.

For future reference for anyone else that might need this this is the part:

GM Part 24506671

Code:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?addtocart=1&addpartnumber=24506671&singlepart=1&partnumber=24506671
I got mine at the dealer for $30.00 not realizing I could have gotten it on this parts direct site for almost half of that. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the help though guys.