Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): TROUBLE CODE p0410 Help!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default TROUBLE CODE p0410 Help!

hey i have a monte 01 ss with the 3.8 engine. the code (p0410) randomly came on while i was driving. when i took a look at it i heard a small vacum leak. and i got a small rubber connector after i got the code read and fixed it. it was a piece that connects to the egr solenoid. the autozone wouldnt erase the code and i already disconnected the battery for 15 mins and still the code stands. is there another way to erase the code or is there another problem to this? if so can someone please point me in the right direction? all help is appreciated

Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Obviously the easiest way to test that the issue is resolved is to clear the code and drive it to see if the code stays away.
The other method (since you already tried the battery method), keep driving the car. If it is truly resolved, in a week's time or less of regular driving, the computer should detect the condition has gone away and de-activate the light.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Obviously the easiest way to test that the issue is resolved is to clear the code and drive it to see if the code stays away.
The other method (since you already tried the battery method), keep driving the car. If it is truly resolved, in a week's time or less of regular driving, the computer should detect the condition has gone away and de-activate the light.

this light is soooooo annoying tho lol

Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 PM

electrical tape works as well as a good fix to get rid of the light

Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

P0410 is the trouble code for a problem with the secondary air system - not a vacuum leak. That's probably why the light is still on. The most common problem is water getting in the check valve and causing corrosion. Check your secondary air fuse and see if it's blown. More than likely it is. You need to replace the air pump check valve and/or air pump.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
P0410 is the trouble code for a problem with the secondary air system - not a vacuum leak. That's probably why the light is still on. The most common problem is water getting in the check valve and causing corrosion. Check your secondary air fuse and see if it's blown. More than likely it is. You need to replace the air pump check valve and/or air pump.
There was a small hose that wasn't connected near the air pump check valve that made a vacuum sound. I fixed it and got the code cleared today...hopefully kt wont come back. I'm playing the waiting game now

Old 03-28-2015, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member

couple years later and code is back, was driving to the junkyard 34 miles did a top speed of 85, but i noticed the light came on. this rarely happens but still it happens and im not sure if this has anything to do with fuel economy but this last tank i got 14.5mpg as to my last 3 i got around 16.8 so any suggestions again?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member

This code is like a bad guy in a scary movie just won't go away. Where is the check valve located

Old 08-10-2015, 07:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If that is for the secondary air pump (which is for California emissions), I was just looking at how to remove that crap for a guy local here. If you want to remove it (again, it's for Cali SMOG check, not the rest of the country), you need to do the following:
- Replace the rear exhaust manifold
or
- Remove the tube that connects to the rear exhaust manifold and get a block off plate.

And have the PCM re-programmed to tell the car it no longer has this setup. I was researching the PCM changes and stopped.

But that might be a better option then fixing it. For simplicity, I'd see if you can get a block off plate (probably need to make some sort of gasket too).

Old 08-10-2015, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
If that is for the secondary air pump (which is for California emissions), I was just looking at how to remove that crap for a guy local here. If you want to remove it (again, it's for Cali SMOG check, not the rest of the country), you need to do the following:
- Replace the rear exhaust manifold
or
- Remove the tube that connects to the rear exhaust manifold and get a block off plate.

And have the PCM re-programmed to tell the car it no longer has this setup. I was researching the PCM changes and stopped.

But that might be a better option then fixing it. For simplicity, I'd see if you can get a block off plate (probably need to make some sort of gasket too).

i dont know what a block off plate looks like, but please if u know more let me know, this code is so annoying

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): TROUBLE CODE p0410 Help!