Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Trans Build: To The Transmission Shop She Goes!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking To The Transmission Shop She Goes!

Well, Ol YellaJAC is in the shop, waiting to get the trans worked. I can't wait! She has been ill for soooooo long! She's been mine for 2 years. Gotten the PCM program updated, the wiring harness correctly wired, the sensors replaced, exhaust mostly rebuilt, hub assemblies, struts, brakes, battery, belt, rims tires, tie rod Ends and all the regular maintenance stuff. She's practically a new car.
Once this is done I can invest in the niceties. Carbon Fiber Headlight housings, L.E.D. head, fog and tail lights, the double vented hood, and an 06 - 07 wing. New Paint and Special Decals and a better sound system.

Big Boys and their Toys, can be an expensive endeavor. But Ol YellaJAC is worth it. Shoot, I'm worth it!

Old 06-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

That's awesome JC! Glad to hear she will be up and running soon.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man thats going to be so nice to have this off of your list of probelms JC! Glad to see you were able to get your Monte in for the big fix! Like your positive attitude, You are worth it!

Now don't let the universe know your going to have any extra cash for visual mods or it will find a way to take it from you for another major repair... Shhhh. Thats how it always goes with my Monte, she wants all my money for big ticket repairs...

Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome news jc! It will be nice to move away from repairs and on to fun mods.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks gents! It will be nice. I have not been able to put my Foot in it since I bought her! I want to Play when I pull out of a Toll both. I want to go to a Meet and Great and keep up with the other members when we pull out for Lunch! I want to feel Solid when I drive up a hill. I have not been able to do any of this, I want to soooooo bad!
I know how she handles curves and bumps. I know how well she brakes. I know how she sounds at idle when she's purring. Now I need to know what she is going to say when I tell her to GO!
Not too much to ask?
Then I can make her Say "I belong to JC"!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Thanks gents! It will be nice. I have not been able to put my Foot in it since I bought her! I want to Play when I pull out of a Toll both. I want to go to a Meet and Great and keep up with the other members when we pull out for Lunch! I want to feel Solid when I drive up a hill. I have not been able to do any of this, I want to soooooo bad!
I know how she handles curves and bumps. I know how well she brakes. I know how she sounds at idle when she's purring. Now I need to know what she is going to say when I tell her to GO!
Not too much to ask?
Then I can make her Say "I belong to JC"!

I Kno exactly how u feel about the keeping up part. After I make the trip to tge gm nats.Im doing the trans asap. If my job can give up more it tht would be sweet

Old 06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member

Yeah George, it's hard to go to a M/Good and to have to tell the guys/gals, "I'll meet you there" cause I can't excellerate like they can!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Great to hear JC...... Can't wait for your review of YellaJAC at WOT...... Good luck and all the best...

Old 06-02-2014, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

JC:

Finally.. Your able to knock that of your bucket list on the Monte updates...

Just when I too thought I was ahead of the game....
Turns out one of our local 5th Gen experts enlightened me as to a typical issue my 5th Gen also suffers from....

The dreaded Multifunction switch...

As Greg mentioned..just when you think you have it together... *BINK*
another shot to the wallet!

I'm just glad to hear that things are finally going your way that you will now be able to enjoy your Monte as it was meant to be!
Congrats!

Old 06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member

Got some bad news today. The only 4t65e he could find with the FR9 option would have to come from Cali. That raises the price to a good deal above my limit. So I guess I'll have to go pick her up tomorrow and put her in cold storage till I can dig up more funds.
I am a very sad man!

Quick Reply: Trans Build: To The Transmission Shop She Goes!