Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Throttle Body Bypass question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Default Throttle Body Bypass question

Another question if anyone has ever done the throttle body bypass. I actually had to do it because the small hose coming from my throttle body to the coolant line ripped and instead of replacing it, i decided to go ahead and bypass the tb. Im posting the pic of it below, my question being (youll understand what i mean when you look at the pic) instead of connecting the two ends sticking out of the coolant line with a rubber hose and clamping them. Can I just cap off each end, I do not know if the area in between them is welded shut. you can see in the pic that a bracket is welded to the coolant line, but i am not sure if the weld goes all the way through.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: Throttle Body Bypass question

crap, it says my file is too large to put the pic in. lemme try and figure this out

Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM

well guys i cant figure out a way to get the pic available to you, so i guess any knowledge on this subject would be helpful. again my question is does the main coolant line underneath my throttle body flow straight through, or is it welded shut. Its a 2001 LS 3400.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:58 PM

just get a small nipple and 2 hose clamps and run the hose together and bypass the throttle body. but be sure to get some sort of cap to cover the holes left in the throttle body as to keep all foreign particles out of it. they actually sell a kit on ebay ill try and find it

Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM

I did this with my mazda3. Pain in the ***...I hope you have more room then i do. If you havn't done it yet, it might even be easier to drain your coolant if you can't clamp the hoses properly. Also, make sure the car in cold....hot coolant isn't pleasent

Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Actually I just did it today. For any future monte owners thinking of doing this, its extremely easy. I did not have to connect the two nipples with a hose. The main coolant line does go straight through, theres no need to connect the nipples. All you need to do is cap all 4 holes, thats it. I let my car warm up, it stayed normal temp, ran it hard, normal temp. So the coolant line definitly goes straight through. No need to connect the two nipples. But thanks for the replies.