Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

things needed for top swap - missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Should I go ahead and get the rockers instead of the Aeroforce gauge? That way I could reduce KR, instead of just monitoring it.
IMO, yes. Monitoring KR is great- and I think its definitely a good idea when you decide to drop pulley sizes- but if you're on a budget, I'd rather do mods to make the engine faster and reduce KR rather than having something that tells you that you have it. I'd rather just assume the engine will have some KR, and do more mods than necessary to prevent as much as possible.

Also, I can't think of anyone ever who has chipped a piston on a stock size pulley- even on an L36 bottom end. I'm not saying its not possible- I'm sure if you stuck some 87, goofed with some stuff, and went bashing on the car that it maybe could- but I've just never seen it or heard of anyone having it happen to them.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats where I was coming from, bumpin. I figured it's better to reduce KR, rather than just seeing that you have it. Eventually I plan to have both.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Should I go ahead and get the rockers instead of the Aeroforce gauge? That way I could reduce KR, instead of just monitoring it.
Personally I'd skip the cat-back and spend that money on rockers, especially if you're planning on dropping pulley sizes in the future.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
If his tune is down pat he should be able to increase his HP from 200crank to almost 280 crank

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I would say engine swap but then ill get attacked so w/e. Dont forget injector connectors.
Attacked? This is a family friendly site, everybody always agrees about everything so there won't be any attacking going on

Originally Posted by my00monte
Well I want to learn more about cars and having more power is just a plus. Also, I like having something to show for hard work. And I figure the top swap is a better choice than turbo because a turbocharger costs 2k alone, where a supercharger and all these other parts cost 2k all together.
Holy smokes, I didn't realize you were adding a supercharger.....clearly I don't know what a top swap consisted of but now I do Very nice, hope it all works out for you.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member

So instead of getting an aeroforce gauge first, ill get the rockers.

Last edited by mrl390; 04-02-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 PM

So instead of getting an aeroforce gauge first, ill get the rockers.
Hehehe

Last edited by Milhouse; 04-03-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keep it clean guys, don't start anything my00monte.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member

What would I start? This is a classy forum full of classy, knowledgable guys. I come here for advice about things I don't know about, and for the most part, that's what I get.

Then there's people like Milhouse, who have to chime in with useless "Hehehe"s, and unneccessary sarcasm. But then there's people like Chibi, Bumpin, etc. who give detailed, relevant advice that I actually use.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Yeah, but there's no need to call him out on it. This is a friendly forum, so even if someones comments aren't relevant, per se, you don't need to call him out on it. Just ignore it.

Then there's people like Milhouse, who have to chime in with useless "Hehehe"s, and unneccessary sarcasm.
That was a little unnecessary don't you think?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What would I start? This is a classy forum full of classy, knowledgable guys. I come here for advice about things I don't know about, and for the most part, that's what I get.

Then there's people like Milhouse, who have to chime in with useless "Hehehe"s, and unneccessary sarcasm. But then there's people like Chibi, Bumpin, etc. who give detailed, relevant advice that I actually use.

Thanks guys!
I completely agree.

I think you should get the rockers but still keep an eye out for the aeroforce, because that will be needed as you get into modding more, and If you're doing a top swap, I would assume you would continue modding for more performance, so an aeroforce would be a great investment

Quick Reply: things needed for top swap - missing anything?