Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Supercharger Pully question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Question Supercharger Pully question

Ok so I'm sure I've posted this before but I can't find it lol I'm looking to drop Pully sizes I was looking at a zzp 3.4 they say I need a down pipe is it needed for real tho? I have a cat back exhaust and CAI do I need to do the rockers coils and colder plugs and wires? Also do iI need a new belt for the Pully? Any advise would be great help

Also what should normal KR be so I know what be at after the swap

Old 10-10-2013, 05:51 AM

You need all the supporting mods necessary to give you 0 KR. Each car is different so you have to scan it to find out. My stock GTP with only a u-bend delete had 4° KR about 5000 rpm before I tuned that out.

For a 3.4 setup I'd do headers, 1.9 rockers, colderplugs and tstat, and get it tuned. This way you know you are safe. Headers may seem like overkill, but they will really free up your exhaust flow.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 AM

If I'm doing headers and a ubend should i do a cat delete? And are performance coils needed?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 AM

Keep the ignition coils and wires stock. I know people with 400-500hp turbo cars still on stock coils and wires with no issues. Cat Delete is up to you, it would depend on the emissions testing where you are.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:33 AM

Also, the downpipe from the headers will eliminate the u-bend so you only do one not both.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info what do headers with downpipe cost? Like from zzp and other sites? Also same question about the rockers

Old 10-10-2013, 11:51 AM

Headers can range from about $200-800 depending on what you get. A lot of people go the cheap route with ebay headers and have good luck.

Not sure on the rockers...I think $300. Its been a while since I bought mine. Check ZZP for pricing.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:16 PM

if you go the ebay route for headers, stay away from the obx. these are copies of the pacesetter headers. the pacesetter's had fitment issues and these cheap copies will not fit unless you have a welder and pipe bender. the SSAC / Speed Daddy headers are the headers of choice. cost/performance you cant find anything better. ZZP's are prob the best headers out there with the TOG's a close second.

and to answer your original question. the required mods are the minimum requirement. if you want to cut it close and do the minimum to keep the engine safe, it is your car, but it is a risk. If they say you need x and y to run a pulley I say do x,y,and Z! as for Kr, get a scan tool now. learn to use it and then you will see how the car is running now and know changes when mods are added.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM

Thanks for all the advise guys so in prolly looking to spend 1k just for a 30hp gain lol

Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty much lol. You can look into getting harland sharp rockers there a lot cheaper and with the newer revised set solving the issues they have a very good rocker.

Also 0 kr is what you want.

As stated before I suggest headers over a plog and down pipe, keep stock coils, only wires I suggest are factory or PRJ wires. Factory wires are perfectly fine to use bit PRJ wires look way cooler. PRJ wires are expensive.

Also think about a MPS that way when you decide to drop smaller than a 3.4 it will be easy to do.

Yes with a 3.4 pulley you need a smaller belt.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Pully question