Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

SS M90 Installation on 2003 Monte Carlo SS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 PM

If they have a hard time with that- how about buying a used turbo kit?
ding ding ding

Winning response.

A non-intercooled turbo kit at 6 PSI is REALLY easy to install and will make a huge difference. Even new it's only a bit more than the SS M90 kit costs.

Later on you can add an air to air intercooler and turn the boost up, and have a pretty fast car.

I wish I'd have gone turbo when I did my SS M90 kit.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi ,..nice job done to the car,.i was wondering if u could help me ??
i just purchased the zzp kit just like urs and hoping to do mine this fall.
now im gatering all my stuff before i start the install ,.like going to the autoreckers this weekend for the coil bracket ,.now i was wondering where u got ur injectors conectors cause the ones on mine dont fit the #36 gtp injectors,.and also the iat sensor by the alternator where did u plug that in to ,..let me know how ur car is running,..to keep in touch quickly hres my email, djmark108@hotmail.com
thankx alot

Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 AM

I got the injector connectors from here:
Fuel Injector Connectors - Bosch Electrical Connectors & Denso Connector Adapters

I *believe* that I had to buy the Multec-II male to EV1 female connectors. 99% sure that's what I'm running- you should be able to figure it out by eye balling your new injectors and the existing harnesses on your car.

The car is running great. It's performed admirably in daily driving for over 2 years. I've take it on vacation (1100 miles round trip) twice since the swap, and it's done great both times. It gets near 30 MPG on the highway, too.

Good luck with the swap- post up any questions and I'll try to help out as much as possible.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:15 AM

ok great ,..thankx ,i;ll do a search ..what about the iat sensor where did u plug that in to ?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 AM

I'm running an LQ4 MAF with an integral IAT sensor. I'm using a wiring harness adapter from ZZP to accommodate the LQ4.

I know guys that have drilled and tapped the lower intake and threaded the IAT sensor into it. This is an optimal setup, but I was too lazy to do it. LOL

Old 09-14-2011, 03:36 AM

hey bud ,thankx alot u were a big help,..i just placed the order for the injectors adapters from ur web site u ive me and for the iat sensor gonna do what u did just gonna go with the adapter ,.im looking at zzp and still waiting for a reply from steve ,..man those guys arent a big help at all specially after a spent over $2000 alredy with them.anyways are u still using ur 4.0 pulley or did u down size,.i also noticed u got the fuel rails that looks like camshaft i spent over $500 and got the square black tube witch i dont like them at all ,im bigining to wonder if there the right ones ,mationed to steve from zzp and no reply,.anyways let me know if u know anything about that,..thankx again and take care Mark
P.S hers my cardomain web site,.take a look at some of my mods so far,.once i get to know this site a bite more i will add some pictures in here,.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/234605...et-monte-carlo

Old 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM

No problem at all! Really glad I can help. ZZP was horrible with me too- they shipped me wrong parts, fought with me, etc. For your questions:

anyways are u still using ur 4.0 pulley or did u down size
I've got 3.4, 3.6, 3.8, and 4.2 pulleys. I play around with different tunes alot on the car. I'm running the 3.8 pulley right now with a boatload of timing and a relatively lean AFR.

You'll probably want to start with the 4.0 or 4.2 and take it from there. Without exhaust, valve train mods, or an intercooler it's going to be tough to run smaller than a 4.0 on your L36.

,.i also noticed u got the fuel rails that looks like camshaft i spent over $500 and got the square black tube witch i dont like them at all ,im bigining to wonder if there the right ones ,mationed to steve from zzp and no reply,.anyways let me know if u know anything about that
I *think* that the ones you have are they're newer ones- they replaced the old "log" style rails because they're prone to leaks (mine have twice so far- nothing a little red Lok-Tite can't fix, but still annoying).

Your car looks good. Even on mild boost (4.0 pulley), you'll love the new found power after the swap.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by 03SS/00GSE/93LX
No problem at all! Really glad I can help. ZZP was horrible with me too- they shipped me wrong parts, fought with me, etc. For your questions:

I've got 3.4, 3.6, 3.8, and 4.2 pulleys. I play around with different tunes alot on the car. I'm running the 3.8 pulley right now with a boatload of timing and a relatively lean AFR.

You'll probably want to start with the 4.0 or 4.2 and take it from there. Without exhaust, valve train mods, or an intercooler it's going to be tough to run smaller than a 4.0 on your L36.

I *think* that the ones you have are they're newer ones- they replaced the old "log" style rails because they're prone to leaks (mine have twice so far- nothing a little red Lok-Tite can't fix, but still annoying).

Your car looks good. Even on mild boost (4.0 pulley), you'll love the new found power after the swap.
thanks alot,..ill just use the 4.0 pulley from zzp ,.and for the fuel logs ur right ,lets hope they don't leak ,.i also have enough problems with them,
anyway;s take care and ill keep u posted when i start the swap,.do u have any newer pictures of ur motor or car,??are u on cardomain,.if u are send me the link ,..take care ...Mark

Old 09-15-2011, 06:29 PM

Let me see...keep in mind, the car has been my daily driver for over 6 years now, so it's definitely seen better days. LOL

Here's a picture of the engine bay that my buddy took-

Here's a vid of me working out a Vega with a 350-
2003 Monte Carlo SS (blown) vs SBC Vega - YouTube

I love my Monte, and wish it wasn't so beat up from years of snow/salt covered roads, commuting, etc. It's really a perfect daily driver for me since it's been supercharged.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 AM

hey bud thankx for the pict. and the vid,.holy **** man i;m blown away when i seen the vid ,.cant wait till mine is done ,.now im not a hard driver at all i actually drive like on old man ,i like to take care of car but alot of times pisses me off( its probably the car itself)alot of people like to try to giver and i dont cause i know its gutless but once i get this done then maybe i could give it a go sometimes,.
i would just like to have a little more power ;-)
now mine has been my dayli driver also for a few years ,and here in ontario they use alot of salt ,i usually keep up with my oil sprays but i decide to put it away fron now on specially with the lowering kit and money put in to it ,so now im just gonna do the swap this fall and hopefully a paint job (touchups) in the spring and try to c if i can keepr for a few more yrs to come ,.but anyways im glad i have found someone i can talk to about this swap cause engine stuff is all new to me i had to do alot of homework to figur this swap thing, i usually do my on work on the car but never went deep in to the motor so in case i run to any problms ill contact u,. take care Mark

Quick Reply: SS M90 Installation on 2003 Monte Carlo SS Thread