Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Something got sucked into the motor...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM

The girl from work says she couldn't hear anything strange over the exhaust. She did say it smelt funny though...she said she couldn't describe the smell. Don't know if the smell was engine related, or maybe Frank related. I'm gonna call Frank, he better not be messing with me.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
10 bucks on the thread being a poor joke attempt.
lol ya, it would be a pretty poor attempt. I don't have the greatest sense of humor, but would be better than this. Although I do like the Gecko Geico post above...I can picture him getting squashed between the rotors on the blower.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:41 PM

You know...its pretty messed up when I post something and everyone starts jumping in my jock for being a racist or whatever(totally unfounded btw), and then I post something where I could use some help and I get dumb comments like put some water in your motor.

Anyway, so I called Frank and the SOB said he loosened one of the plug wires from the coil pack and was jerking my chain about the noises knowing that I can't hear jack. Sure enough, I checked the wires to the coil pack, and one wasn't seated all the way down was probably arcing and causing some misfires.

I'm just glad I didn't chunk a piston as someone thought it might be...at least that dude offered up something constructive, even if it was wishfull thinking on his part.

Again...thanks for all the constructive posts....

Old 11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's just wrong. I'm sorry, but if one of my "friends" did some **** like that to my car, they would have explain why they have a fresh black eye.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM

Yeah, no kidding- I wouldn't be happy at all; what if it would've not been firing- and was just pluggin the cat and throwing the O2's off- causing the pcm to skew the rest of the cylinders.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
That's just wrong. I'm sorry, but if one of my "friends" did some **** like that to my car, they would have explain why they have a fresh black eye.

Frank can kick my butt big time, so the punch to the eye would be out. I'll figure out a way to get him back though. Next time we go huntin I'll have to mess with stuff....I should have known he did something that had to do with my lack of good hearing. Any hunting pranks would be well appreciated. too bad gator season is over....can always have fun with that nothing like telling your buddie you saw a 12 footer than accidentally knocking him into the water.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Ok guys, lets try not to start any problems. If you dont have something constructive to post, no need to post it.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1st, if you had a plug wire loose, why didn't the PCM throw a CEL misfire code? They throw easy, and for sure, a loose wire SHOULD'VE thrown a code.
And I have to agree with everyone else, You are running WAY to small a pulley for your setup, and I'm guessing you have all ready chipped pistons. You REALLY need to digitally monitor spark knock, using a scanner, even something like an Aeroforce, which monitors 50 functions.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Intimidator_Monte05
can always have fun with that nothing like telling your buddie you saw a 12 footer than accidentally knocking him into the water.

all your post are worthless, but i do like your sense of humor, lmao.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:26 AM

what about the funny smell that your coworker said that your monty gave? with the spark plug wore being lose it should have given a missfire code. besides running without a filter for a while is asking for some problems. but for that short amount of time i think is ok. just jucky for not sucking a bug or a small rock in the intake and causing a problem (not makin fun of or any thing). try to get an air to air inter cooler for it it will help out some for the colder air.

Quick Reply: Something got sucked into the motor...