Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Some basics

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Question Some basics

Hey everyone just got back on the forum and was looking for a bit of advice here. I have an 06 3.5L non-flex fuel(the vanilla) and I need to treat to some new parts. I just got brand new tires, and have ran some fuel system cleaner in her this week but that about it...now I have factory everything on her with the exception of some items (cause who the hell still has their original air filter). But getting to the point I would like to know what are some basic items I can get to feel that day one happiness again. I want to hear that little 3.5L roar! I was thinking at least some new spark plugs would be a very easy item to start at before I go throwing some $1000+ items in there.

All in all I am looking for some $100 area items that can breathe some new life into this now 10 year old car.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:17 AM

How many miles are on the car?

The owners manual is a good place to start, as it has a list of items that need replaced at certain mileage.

Typically modern spark plugs are good for 100k+ miles.

There are plenty of other maintenance items that depend on what you've done already and what your mileage currently is, below are some examples:
-fuel filter
-transmission fluid
-transmission filter
-coolant
-brake fluid
-cabin air filter
-engine air filter