Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Silicone intake hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:14 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Silicone intake hoses

Silicone intake hoses for replacement pcv ruffle hoses, do not void warranties right? lol.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
^^Click^^

What you do does not void the warranty unless it can be proven that your act caused the fault.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Woot, I got that, woooo, most def gonna hold that down. Thanks boss. My car isnt modded besides than and no res and my HPTune, but im gonna talk to my tuner about reflashing back until i get my car back from the dealer. I found out that my harmonic balancer is the sound im hearing.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Woot, I got that, woooo, most def gonna hold that down. Thanks boss. My car isnt modded besides than and no res and my HPTune, but im gonna talk to my tuner about reflashing back until i get my car back from the dealer. I found out that my harmonic balancer is the sound im hearing.
Even though there is legal precedence as Chibi posted, you still need to be extremely careful what you do under warranty if you still want the dealer to fix stuff for free. Sure some dealers are cool, but I've got plenty of stories about people who got turned down.

Obviously they'll never try and pull something as random as your intake causing your seat spring to break; but if there is any remote correlation, they will try to make that connection to not honor the warranty (ie added more power via rockers, they're not going to cover trans work).

A PCM tune is also a huge red flag to them since there is so much that can be screwed up doing a tune wrong, and the PCM controls by far the most expensive parts of the car.

Now not all dealers are mod unfriendly, but just be super careful. IMO, the best bet is to save stock parts (for mods that are easy to swap out) and put it back as close to stock as possible if you think there might be a connection.

The other thing with what Chibi posted- how many people are really going to take it all the way to court? Sure if something really big blows (ie the engine throws a rod), it might be financially worth it- but no one is going to go to court for a couple hundred dollar repair.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Yeah problem there is that my intake hose tore and no dealer here has one so I have to special order it. So I replaced it because of that lol. Smh