Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Service Engine Soon after HID Fog Light Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Default Service Engine Soon after HID Fog Light Install

Heres a brain teaser for everyone, sure has me stumped. I was installing my HID fogs today, just plug and play, no relay. I am not an idiot, so I know what I am doing and have hooked up my HID lows. When I was finished, I went to turn on the fogs to see how they looked, one turned on (passenger side) but not the other, so I trouble shot, tried it again, came on but flickering and seemed dim, so I switched ballasts with a spare one I had laying around, and as soon as I hit the fog light switch to turn them on, I heard a click like a fuse went and then I got a Servie Engine Soon light on the dash. I check all my fuses that I feel could have blown and they are all good, I even swapped the horn and fog light fuses because they are he same and the horn still worked, so I didnt blow that one either. At this point I think I may have burnt up my fog light switch, however why would that give me a Service Engine Soon light? Any ideas anyone???

Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Oh and by the way, I put the stock bulbs back in and they still wont turn on.... Had a great spot for the ballast and everything too, im so disappointed!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Default I am an idiot!!!

Alright everyone, Well it turns out I am an idiot afterall. First off it was a Service Vehicle Soon, not Service Engine Soon, apparently they both do exist and are completely differnet. My bad. Secondly, I went back out and double checked the relays and fuses and found a fuse that I did not see or overlooked the first time, and it was blown. Go figure. The ballast must have been drawing more power than the stock bulbs which blew the fuse. All in all, problem solved and Ready to go. Heres some pics of the ballast locations as well as the lights.

Attached Thumbnails Service Engine Soon after HID Fog Light Install-dsc01606.jpg   Service Engine Soon after HID Fog Light Install-dsc01602.jpg   Service Engine Soon after HID Fog Light Install-dsc01603.jpg