Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Is this the right pulley????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Default Is this the right pulley????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...176&rd=1,1

hey guys, I bought these pulleys for my 2001 monte ls (3400) and the alternator pulley looks the same, but I have no idea if the underdrive pulley is even an underdrive one or if it is something else. Let me know what kind it is, thanks.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Default RE: Is this the right pulley????

im not sure which pully it would be but what i did to all my pulleys was make them all smaller so everything spins faster and alternator charges more. and if your talking about a sc pully. on my grand prix gtp i have a 3 inch pulley so i charge super fast. Idk just a thought i guess.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: derrel96ls

im not sure which pully it would be but what i did to all my pulleys was make them all smaller so everything spins faster and alternator charges more. and if your talking about a sc pully. on my grand prix gtp i have a 3 inch pulley so i charge super fast. Idk just a thought i guess.
ok what are you smoking? how did you make them smaller? if your talking about your SC pulley then yeah, making your SC pulley smaller will only make your SC spin faster which makes more boost. and a 3" pulley is WAY over kill for you. i dont know your mods, but just the fact that you cant tell the diff between those pulleys tells me you dont know enought about the car to be running such an extreme pulley.

the one with the four small holes is the crank pulley and the other i believe is the alt pulley (90% sure its the alt) cause the water pump has a diff shape and the power steerign and AC dont mount like that.

for the alt pulley to be an Under drive it needs a larger dia then the factory alt pulley. for the crank to be an UDP it needs to be a smaller dia. the 3400 is the same motor... but im not sure if they rerouted the belts for the diff cars or not. im also assuming the alt would be the same. so the worst case is you need a diff belt. either way nice find. and great price.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 PM

what does an underdrive pulley do? because i have heard of them before but never knew what they did

Old 05-03-2007, 11:41 PM

yeah zzp in grand rapids pretty much built my car. they put a 3 inch pully on my sc. it cost like 600 bucks with no warrenty also its completely custom from zzp

Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 AM

underdrive pulleys work by reducing paricitive drag from your AC, Alt, Waterpump, power steering pump. it works by reducing the rotation of each per revolution.

ok so you had ZZP do everything for ya. makes sence then. so what all do you have done to the car? cause $600 doesnt sound like engouh to pay for the mods needed for a 3.0 pulley

Old 05-04-2007, 10:26 AM

thanks pheonix, That is what I expected, but the crank pulley looks a lil different than the one on pfyc. I felt bad buying them without being 100% sure of what they are, but what a deal I got. They should have been around 300 for the both if I got them from pfyc, but as you saw...40$! for them both! how could I go wrong lol