Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

rear o2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 PM
Default rear o2?

So I got my 3" zzp dp installed not to long ago and the shop that installed it stripped the o2 bung so I just put a plug in it because the o2 sensor wouldnt go back in...I have it tuned out so I dont throw any codes but the wire is just hanging there and when I take it to car washes and get the underbody flush it gets the connector wet and the car will sputter for a couple seconds until it dries out...is it safe to just fill up the connector with hot glue so I dont have to worry about it anymore?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hot glue is probably fine, but it will more then likely come off in a short time. Maybe cut the cord off the old O2 sensor and make it into a "plug"? Or see if you can pull the O2 sensor wire up into the engine compartment and coil it up?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM

I've cut the plug off (leaving enough wire from the plug to reconnect if I ever want to reconnect it), then put shrink tune over the individual wires, then shrink tune over both, then tuck the wires up between the exhaust heat shield and under-body.
I've never had an issue with either my GP or SS.