Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

quick spark plug question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Default quick spark plug question

hey everybody if ur on the east coast i hope u got to have a nice drift session with ur monte today lol i know i did even tho alot of power and a high gear ratio and fryed tires equals a fun ride ha anyway i got bored and decided to look up the spark plug gap on my motor the block is a 350 from a 1975 caprice bored and stroked cam headers holley600 intake the works just a potent street motor nothing major im running delco plugs and they are at.035 specs say .060 my buddy told me with a cam and higher comp ratio i shouldnt go the full.060 i should do .045 or .050 whats ur opinion/knowledge about this also im thinking about getting the accel header plugs they say they are a lil bit better for hi performance apps and i already have a complete accel ignition dizzy wires cap rotor everything but the cap ive always ran delcos in all my chevys hi performance or stock an old gear head told me this so ive done it since what do u think keep the delcos or switch to the accels i dont really have clearance issues but it wouldnt hurt thanks in advance enjoy the snow

Last edited by 383strokinit; 12-26-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 PM

Gap them as wide as you can without causing the spark to blow out at WOT. I'd start at 0.060 and close the gap a bit if you are missing a lot.

Also, try using some punctuation and sentence structure. That post is incredibly hard to read.

-Riggs.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by biggriggs
Also, try using some punctuation and sentence structure. That post is incredibly hard to read.

-Riggs.

very well said Riggs, way better than some of the responses here lately, thanks for being a very informative member here with the technical issues members need answers to this is what the forum is all about! thanks

Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Cool

thank you as soon as its not subzero outside ill do that sorry about the punctuation im not a proper kinda guy i dont worry bout all that stuff im from delaware we dont got that here lol

Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 383strokinit
sorry about the punctuation im not a proper kinda guy i dont worry bout all that stuff im from delaware we dont got that here lol
Not trying to be rude- but if you want a lot of help on here, you're best off to take an extra couple seconds to add periods to future posts. No one expects perfect grammar, spelling, etc- its just a car forum- but put yourself in our shoes: you've got 235 words with no periods or line spacing to separate thoughts- just one massive run on sentence. So for us to be able to help you, we have to read through it trying to separate the thoughts and sentences ourselves- trying to decipher what you're trying to say.

If you won't put in the effort to press the period key between thoughts- many people won't put the effort into posting a reply, much less reading your entire post. Don't get me wrong- single sentence replies don't require any punctuation to get your point across. It doesn't really have anything to do with being proper or not- I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you since you wrote it and know exactly what you wanted to say; but for someone else (especially members who don't use English as their primary language)- its tough to read.

Again, I don't mean this to be mean or rude- I'm just trying to get you to see it from the perspective of other forum members; and to hopefully get you more help in future posts.