Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Ported and Polished? UIM

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ported and Polished? UIM

I just got this off of here and got it and was a little disapointed, but looking for some answers.

Okay, the first thing that appears to me is that the polishing looks nice.

Next, the throttle body looks stock, but on the intake manifold, it doesn't look ported, but just machined. then i noticed that there are cracks everywhere.

As you can see by one picture it's cracked all the way through.

Now what i want to know is how bad will this affect my car, do you think it will leak? does it look ported to you? i was told it's gasket matched, which is ported to a sense but not normal porting.

Lastly, how do you think i could go about fixing this and what would i have to do?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

oh wow that sux sorry to see you get ripped off like that. did the person you got from even told you about the cracks? i don't know if it's fixable or not. go to the grand pee forums dot net and pm Reptile.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
oh wow that sux sorry to see you get ripped off like that. did the person you got from even told you about the cracks? i don't know if it's fixable or not. go to the grand pee forums dot net and pm Reptile.
no, i wasn't told at all, i was just told it was polished and gasket matched, doesnt even look gasket matched

Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

The crack on the middle port is the only one i could see affecting anything, only if it leaks air from there. The other cracks shouldnt make much of a difference. Ill agree those should have been pictured before it was sent though.

You cant tell if its gasket matched until you hold it up to the gasket.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 PM

i have had ported and polished intake and also the heads. i have never got them back looking like that it looks like heat break and damage has ocered.a true porting on a intake it should have a little evedence there was water or some thing present on doing the port or present of a cleaner drops present where you could have wiped off. a true port there is always some thing used to help keep the metal cool to help disperse the heat when you do a port it creates a hotter heat then. the engine gets do to metal being shaved off and the metal gets moldeble also tends to crack when trying to rush

Old 01-25-2011, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
i have had ported and polished intake and also the heads. i have never got them back looking like that it looks like heat break and damage has ocered.a true porting on a intake it should have a little evedence there was water or some thing present on doing the port or present of a cleaner drops present where you could have wiped off. a true port there is always some thing used to help keep the metal cool to help disperse the heat when you do a port it creates a hotter heat then. the engine gets do to metal being shaved off and the metal gets moldeble also tends to crack when trying to rush
i dont think the cracks are from the porting, they look like theyre from over-torquing, but i donno if there's anything i can do to fix it

Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM

true it looks frome one or the other the person put it on and did the damage or hapened when doing the polish

Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
true it looks frome one or the other the person put it on and did the damage or hapened when doing the polish
theres 5 with cracks all the way through, i'm just hoping that they wont leak, i dont think there will be enough air pressure to make it worse of blow out but i'm not sure

Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

No one touched inside those ports with anything. There are still casting marks inside. If they did anything they may have ground the flanges down some maybe that opened the ports up some. I would have contacted the seller immediately after receiving that intake because of the cracks. Who wants to pay for something that is broken? I wouldnt. Who did you get that from? If they didnt disclose the cracks, I would ask for my money back and if they dont give it the best you can do is make sure everyone knows that the seller is a crook.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mrl390
No one touched inside those ports with anything. There are still casting marks inside. If they did anything they may have ground the flanges down some maybe that opened the ports up some. I would have contacted the seller immediately after receiving that intake because of the cracks. Who wants to pay for something that is broken? I wouldnt. Who did you get that from? If they didnt disclose the cracks, I would ask for my money back and if they dont give it the best you can do is make sure everyone knows that the seller is a crook.
well i dont want to say who it is yet, but if you look in the classifieds it's pretty obvious. i have contacted him already, just waiting for a response..

Quick Reply: Ported and Polished? UIM